“Very tasty Thai meal at The White Harte”
Review of Good Evening

Good Evening
Ranked #8 of 12 Restaurants in Cuckfield
Price range: USD 30 - USD 40
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 14 October 2016

Luckily our children enjoy Thai food as much as we do, so we thought we'd try the Good Evening restaurant at The White Harte.

The staff are very friendly and it's an attractive traditional old pub, which has seen a few changes over the years. My husband prefers to eat in pubs, rather than restaurants on the whole, because he enjoys real ale with his food.

The restaurant was busy with take away orders, as well as serving customers, however, we weren't in a hurry so it didn't matter. We shared a few starters and some prawn crackers, just in case there was a delay.

We each chose something different; a Penang curry, Mussaman curry, Pad Thai and I've forgotten the last meal, but we all agreed it was very tasty.

Reviewed 23 May 2016

Very disappointing. Poorly / overcooked food. Gluey and lacking in taste. I can do far better than this and I'm not Thai. Have traveled.
The menu is basic Thai, but doesn't deliver. I went with a group of friends and from the 7 dishes plus starters and sides we ordered, only 1 was good.
I won't return.

Reviewed 3 May 2016 via mobile

The take away meal I received from Good Evening in Cuckfield, consisting of garlic pepper chicken, Paenaeng curry, sticky rice, egg rice and Pad Thai noodles was really disappointing. Not even a chili in the curry! The sticky rice was like gluten and the pad Thai, stodgy. I think Bridget Jones could do better.

I called the restaurant and spoke to the chef, who seemed shocked with my feedback.

If you've eaten at a nice Thai restaurant, please don't raise your expectations here.

I can honestly say that without exception, all elements of the order were below standard. It's a real shame.

I relied upon the trip advisor reviews before considering this restaurant.

The restaurant had been opened at 6pm. When I collected my order at 645pm, the front door was locked, so approached through the pub and round the back.

I'm not fussy about the access, but just an observation.

1  Thank SimonHeadhunter
Reviewed 5 March 2016 via mobile

Fantastic take away meal - great portions and the food was lovely. I have tried the Thais in HH, burgess hill and this one in Cuckfield is certainly my favourite.
Fresh food - duck red curry and beef massaman. Both great!
Was quiet - a hidden gem. I'm sure they could out trade their local rivals if they delivered. We are in walking distance but worth a car journey. Would recommend.

Reviewed 24 October 2015

We were staying at Ockenden Manor but following a bad experience we decided to eat elsewhere and stumbled upon this place. Lovely food with good vegetarian options and charming staff. Highly recommended.