This was the second time we stayed here and were kind of hoping things would improve. Alas not so.
I have to agree with other reviews; it's a lovely spot, with great views across the bay. So why only two stars? Let me explain:
1. Housekeeper kept it clean, no complaints there.
2. Position, nice view
1. Lack of maintenance
2. Mattresses in need of replacing, springs in back
3. Outside security light not working so a torch is a must to see the combination of the key box, a code that still has not been changed since our last visit.
4. Stone steps leading down to road lethal when wet and loose in places. Fall hazard.
5. Extractor fan not working in downstairs toilet and leak from cistern pipe, which had been leaking for a while, evident by mark on wall.
6. Upstairs bathroom extractor very noisy, could not be used at night.
7. Garden unkempt.
8. Thermostat not working properly
These comments have been pointed out in the past but nothing has been done to rectify these issues.
It is safe to say that our last visit to this property will be our last.
Such a lovely property let down by neglect.
A large picture fell off the wall in the dead of night right next to the bed in one of the twin rooms.
Inadequate hook, string broke.
Great location, lovely cottage though mattress in en suite bedroom was lumpy.
The but comes with the drive, its very steep. Be extra careful when decending as you may easily bottom the front end of your vehicle. Scuff marks in the road immediately at the foot of the drive were clearly evident. I decided to park in the main public car park for peace of mind....beware.
Crow’s Nest is just 100 meters from the Weir and this is what attracted us. It also has dedicated off-road parking that is good despite being a bit steep to get up and down from. The house itself has very nice kitchen and the bedrooms all face out to the water (well, all rooms do actually). The front room was a bit musty in style, so we didn’t use it, preferring to sit in the kitchen which was very open and nicer to be in. The bedrooms are good sizes, and good provision of space. Some aspects were a bit odd – for example the bathroom is really dark and uninviting; there used to be a window on the side (looking out to a passageway) but it was been blocked off with a roughly cut piece of plastic – not as bad as it sounds, but it adds to the feeling of the room needing work.
Still, nice place in good location and worth a rent.
Very nice location, property had great views but desperately needed basic improvements as it was rather dated in places - also bathroom/shower very poor. £975 was therefore far too much for a week's stay - worth no more than £750 per week during hi season
|Overall condition of the property||Bedding & mattresses|
|Kitchen & utensils||Bathroom cleanliness|
|Other facilities & amenities||Service|