“Good home cooking”
Review of The Red Lion Inn

The Red Lion Inn
Ranked #3 of 14 Restaurants in Alnmouth
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 21 June 2018

Always seems busy - restaurant full on 2 occasions we tried.
Sat in bar and had steak and ale pie. Also sausage and mash. As mentioned — big portions.
A little slow to deliver the food.
Friendly staff.

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

I popped in to Alnmouth as it was some time since i’d been there. The scenery was just as i had remembered it; beautiful views across to the North Sea.
I wanted a bit of breakfast and it was a recommendation by the guy in the Post Office that I go to The Red Lion Inn. I wasn’t disappointed.
The gent behind the bar was very chatty and friendly, as was the young lady who prepared my food. The food itself was 10/10....as was the service!!.
I would highly recommend the Red Lion Inn to everyone ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

1  Thank glennnewcastle
Reviewed 19 June 2018

I had the pork sausage with mash and gravy with black pudding crumbled in, and tiny baby onions, and it was absolutely delicious. My only regret was that I just couldn’t finish it - there must have been at least a pound of sausage! Good service and very pleasant staff. Need to book for the restaurant or fight for a seat in the bar!

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

Following a recommendation to eat at this pub, we were expecting a good experience.
We got a very, very good experience. Good choice of fayre, lovely clean place with nice, pleasant and friendly staff. Dog friendly in bar area. Perfect. Definitely highly recommend. We are going back.

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

Good, tasty food with large portions. More of a pub which serves food than restaurant ambience, and friendly service.