“Perfect weekend getaway”
other travellers have booked this property
Supering bed can be converted to twin beds on request
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Supering bed can be converted to twin beds on request
Electric shower and glass screen
Enclosed rear garden suitable for pets
Floor plan
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Julie H
“Perfect weekend getaway”
Reviewed 13 June 2016 for a stay in June 2016
person found this review helpful

Stayed at the Chaplin cottage for a weekend in June, loved this little cottage, very dog friendly with enclosed courtyard area, even doggy poo bags and dog towel were provided if needed. Very clean cottage, bed was very comfortable and loved the sunset view from the lounge in the evening. Kitchen had everything you would need and more, this place far exceeded my expectations. Wonderful countryside views and wildlife. Will definitely be back, hopefully for a longer stay next time :)

Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
13 Jun 2016
Thank you so much for your review. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. I hope to see you again soon.
Gavin P
“Cramped Conditions, Terrible Service, Book elsewhere”
Reviewed 1 June 2016 for a stay in May 2015
people found this review helpful

I booked a 6 night stay here with my wife and baby. We were looking forward to a relaxing stay in a what looks like well presented cottage. I am sad to say that immediately upon arrival we were disappointing. The photograph of the cottage exterior leads you to believe this is where you will stay. When you enter the property you are in a shared hallway and then when you get to your door it opens into a very small front room which has a poor quality dining table and sofa. There is also a kitchen in this room which makes it feel even smaller. The next room is the bedroom and that is it. The two windows you see in the photograph are not where you will be staying, one of them is for the property next door. (very thin walls so hope you don't get noisy neighbours!)
The furniture is in poor condition, the sofa is old and worn as is the dining table. The bedroom furniture appears to be made from thin cardboard and although there are 6 drawers we could only get the bottom drawers to open.
As you can see we were not impressed and on the first morning of our stay there was a huge swarm of flies on the rear. They must be a regular feature as all the photo's in the cottage (3 of them) have hundred of dead flies behind the glass (see attached photo).
This is the point when we decided this is not the place we want to stay and so left straight away. I kindly asked the owner if they could call me to discuss but I was blanked, no response to calls and txt messages. The cute cottage that it is made out to be is not what you will find. Save your money and book somewhere else.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The day we left
Liked least: The day we arrived
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
3 Jun 2016
Dear Mr Pearson,
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback for Chaplin Cottage. I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay. I must say that my recollection of your visit is not as you describe. I did live in the cottage myself for a year and never experiences flies like you describe. I will not rebut your accusations because they are simply untrue as you will see from other reviews. However I wish you all the best for the future.
karenandr...
Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
“perfect place to distress and unwind”
Reviewed 28 April 2016 for a stay in April 2016
people found this review helpful

Cottage was spotless and definitely dog friendly , very thoughtful little extras not expected but much appreciated, lovely surroundings very quiet with views out onto paddock and fields beyond and lots of wildlife to keep us amused till dusk. Lovely walks for the dogs and having use of the paddock for them was a bonus.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
28 Apr 2016
Thank you for such a nice response. I am so pleased that you liked it.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing