“Lovely hosts, always a pleasure to visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Morningside B&B

Morningside B&B
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Nailsworth
Morningside B&B
Ranked #2 of 3 Nailsworth B&B and Inns
Guildford, United Kingdom
“Lovely hosts, always a pleasure to visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2011

We have stayed at Morningside on a number of occasions and would have absolutely no hesitation in recommending them. I stay with my two sons aged 12 and 9. They love helping with the chickens, playing on the rope swing and chatting with Fudge the owners lovely mild mannered dog.

We stay in the family room which has a double and two single beds. It has a very good sized bathroom and the boys love the walk in shower!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2010

I really enjoyed my stay at this B&B. I shared the family room with my brother and it really was like a small apartment, with lots of space and privacy for both of us. I actually thought the room was quite a bit nicer than the online photos suggested. My favourite part of my stay though, and what really set Morningside apart, was just how lovely and friendly the hosts were. We were on a walking holiday and Don provided us with ordance maps and even took the time to hand draw us an excellent map of the most scenic trails in the local area. He and Veronica were never intrusive though and, other than at breakfast and while checking in and out, we didn't see them. It's a big house with lots of space. B&B reviewers often make much of how wonderful the hosts were, but Morningside is one of the few B&Bs where I can honestly say that I received exceptional hospitality.

As a general comment and in response to the reviewer below, I'll add that I have stayed in quite a few B&Bs in the UK and they often have a homey atmosphere (a little bit like grandma's house), rather than the sort of sophistication or elegance one expects and pays for in a boutique hotel, for example. A few of those B&Bs I would even describe as chintzy (lace curtains, doilies, an excess of floral everything). Happily, Morningside, in that regard, is a model of quiet restraint and dignity. Though Veronica and Don's home probably won't be featured in Elle Decor, there was nary a lace curtain nor doily to be seen.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
Oxford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2010

The title is the summary. The room was clean which is always the most important thing, and the breakfast was good. It was just a bit chinksy and like staying at a grandmas house

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2010

Hard to overpraise this one. Shared a room here with a friend, and we had a family room the size of a small apartment – really two rooms separated by an archway, with a double bed in one and a single in the other. Very comfortable and spacious. Nice bathroom with a fantastic walk-in shower nicely done in blue and cream tiles. Excellent cooked breakfast included eggs from their own free-range hens who live at the bottom of the garden. This was more like staying in a private house than a guesthouse, with the proprietors very welcoming and friendly. Limited off-street parking; slow wifi connection, but it's new. No really bad points. Highly recommended.‎

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2010

I work in the Travel industry and often visit B&B's and Guest houses in a professional capacity. Thus it is difficult for me to switch off my critical eye, even when visiting them for a holiday or weekend away.
My partner and I took my auntie that was visiting from Australia up to the Cotswolds, and on a recommendation from a friend, booked ourselves in to a family room at Morningside B&B. After a warm welcome from Veronica we were shown to our enormous room. I had been told by my friend that this room was bigger than her apartment and she wasn't joking. It was perfect for our purposes with a double bed at one end, a single almost in another room at the far end, and a large ensuite. The room was immaculately clean and well decorated, so that even in the huge space it felt comfortable and cosy. The thing however that makes the place so special is the charming hosts Don and Veronica. Their down to earth jovial good nature makes them perfect for running a B&B. They went out of their to make our time at their home special. When asked, they had plenty of advice on where we should be heading and what we should be doing, and showed a genuine interest in us as guests. In the morning the fresh eggs from their own hens made the cooked breakfast so tasty, and Don happily walked us through their beautiful gardens, down to meet the girls that laid them . In my aunties words, Don & Vron really made her holiday just that bit more special. I see lots of B&B's and this place really is a hidden gem. I would recommend it to anyone and everyone visiting the Cotswolds. Also if you are in Nailsworth, do yourself a favour and have dinner at the Olive Tree, simply superb !!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nailsworth
0.5 km away
2.7 km away
The Bear of Rodborough Hotel
0.7 km away
Wild Garlic Restaurant & Rooms

Been to Morningside B&B? Share your experiences!