“Very cosy, excellent food and beer. Staff lovely”

The Crown Little Walden
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 25 September 2017

I wish I had found this pub sooner!!!, Plenty of parking at the back of the pub. Inside it is so cosy, very homely and plenty of space between the tables. A good menu to choose from with plenty of variety...................I had the Chicken and Leak pie and my partner had gammon steak with cheese and tomatoes on top. They were both excellent. Just note that if you order the side dish of vegetables it comes with some lovely new potatoes. The chips are fabulous. To top it all, not a hand pump in sight, beer straight from the barrel.............LOVELY. The staff were lovely, plenty of smiles and we were made very welcome. Plenty of people eating at lunchtime so advisable to book I would think..........A very enjoyable visit

1  Thank stephenfLondon_UK

Reviewed 12 September 2017

I booked a Saturday lunch for my father's 80th birthday, for 14 guests. Sue was very nice and extremely helpful. Unfortunately on the day my father's lift was delayed by about 45 minutes. When I told the landlord that some of our party were delayed, he and the kitchen were very accommodating and said it wouldn't be a problem. The food was marvellous, Freshly cooked, no 'Ping' meals here. I had the seafood platter, it was gorgeous. The other members of our party had a variety of meals, ranging from Fish & chips to chicken pie to perfectly cooked Rib-eye steak. Every person commented on the quality and value of the food. and the desserts were equally as nice. Even a pre-teen and a teenager were happy. Well done to the chef and the kitchen staff.

Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

The pub was completely packed when we arrived and we were lucky enough to get a table. After a relatively long wait, the food arrived and it was 100% worth the time it took. The meat was fantastic and the roast potatoes were particularly great! Will certainly be visiting again!

Reviewed 22 August 2017

We used to travel a distance to eat at the Crown, more years ago than I care to remember, and the food was always worth the journey. Pleased to say that the food and service is still good and portion sizes that would satisfy most. We were a large party so it was a treat to be able to spy a large selection of the menu on our table. Thai curry, Ploughmans, Skate wings, Beef Pie, Seafood platter to name but a few. Presentation was excellent as was the service. There is also a good selection of filled baguettes and sandwiches for lunchtime customers too. Certainly worth a visit.

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

Had a lovely lunch. My lasagne was fantastic. Large portions which i love and lady in charge was very friendly.