“Sunday afternoon”

Elder Street Cafe & Deli
Price range: USD 7 - USD 17
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Purveyors of homemade and locally sourced produce.
Reviewed 4 October 2016 via mobile

Looking for a light lunch on a Sunday afternoon we had a delightful experience at Elder Street cafe and deli. My fish finger sandwich was made from homemade fish gougeons and served with a nice dressed salad and crisps. My friend had a pint of prawns (both with homemade bread). There was a good selection of cold drinks both alcoholic and non, and I enjoyed my coffee. The waiters were friendly and efficient and helpful and the decor pleasant. So all in all a very nice experience and we will definitely be going again.

Reviewed 1 October 2016 via mobile

I have been to Elder Street Cafe twice now and both times it felt like they were under staffed (although chose both times to go on a Saturday- it could be different during the week).
The food is well prepared with a vast array of menu choices as well as your normal teas, coffees, cakes and scones.
However, both times it felt like we were almost forgotten about and weren't allocated one particular waitress.

All in all a great meal but just prepare to wait a little longer for service and meals on a Saturday (busy time).

1  Thank Jane W
Reviewed 14 September 2016 via mobile

Came here with my parents & boyfriend to the bistro open on a Friday night. I had heard great things and was not let down.

I'm a great seafood lover so I was happy to see a good selection on the menu and a lot of other original dishes.

Would recommend the calamari to start.

Would love this bistro to be open more nights a week but just look at that pizza!!

Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

We do like Elder St Café and go fairly often but wanted to mention the breakfast which superb .... Just wonderfully cooked & presented. Staff happy to substitute items if, for example, black pudding is not your thing- had extra bacon!
Toilets being refurbed and Portaloo was 'adequate' but normal service should be resumed soon.

Reviewed 30 July 2016 via mobile

Slow slow service - good food. But on balance the food does not merit the wait. Been numerous times and the waiting does not get any better. Capacity has been increased too - like the waiting...

Cuban sandwich is nice though.