“Top of the cream tea service/quality”

Elder Street Cafe & Deli
Price range: USD 7 - USD 18
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Purveyors of homemade and locally sourced produce.
Reviewed 24 August 2014

We called ESFS on a late Sunday afternoon, prior to visiting, to check whether we could bring our dog and pleased to say the very friendly answer was, yes...dogs can sit inside or we could use outside seating facilities. Weather good so we chose to sit outside. Cream tea was delicious and the main reason ESFS goes to the top of our 'best cream tea experience' listings, is simply because we were asked if we wanted fruit or plain scones. Jam was amazing...looked as though it had just been made that day. Scones were warm and perfect size for us and no skimping on the fruit, that is for sure. Clotted cream...well, the portion was mmm. Nothing overly pretentious about this farm shop...just a heavenly homemade scone that tasted heavenly. Tea was wonderful, as was their fresh apple juice. 5* rating sticker on their window too. We will be visiting again, for sure!

There are newer reviews for Elder Street Cafe & Deli

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Delicious Sunday lunches with wonderful roasts and exciting alternatives. The sharing plates are worth the visit on their own. Don't miss this!

Reviewed 18 August 2014

I have become a regular here finding any excuse to take friends and family for lunch! I have never been disappointed apart from the day we turned up and it was closed due to staff illness.
The menu is innovative and delicious especially the pulled pork artisan sandwich. We love the strawberry lemonade which I think is the nicest soft drink I have ever tasted and is even more special by only being available in the summer. After lunch a wander round the deli completes the experience. The scotch eggs are superb.
I can wholeheartedly recommend this cafe.

1  Thank Rosemary C
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

I visit the deli cafe occasionally, less than I would like. The surroundings are lovely, staff so nice and the cream and jam scone are to die for. Its such a great place to just go and chill, relax and just eat loads of calories on a cream and jam scone. Wish I had the time to go more and more. Thank you . its so worth a visit, such a good variety of super food and drink. Just do it and go there.

Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

Great good, great staff, great value for money. I love it here! Best place in Saffron walden and the surrounding areas to eat :)