“Excellent dog and child friendly tea rooms”
Review of Black Dog Tea Room

Black Dog Tea Room
Ranked #25 of 84 Restaurants in Lyme Regis
Price range: USD 1 - USD 11
Cuisines: Cafe
Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

Stopped here after a random internet search in need of a dog and child friendly place to eat. What a strike of luck!

The food was delicious, with a large choice of soups/tarts/quiches. I went for the Rarebit (never before had outside of Wales) and it was gorgeous, with a mild spicy twist. Others had the soup and ploughman's, which were well presented and very tasty.

They also had speciality teas, such as the Russian Smoky Caravan tea, a blend of Darjeeling, Lapsang Souchong, and others.

Highly recommended, and only £40 for four adults and two children.

Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

Amazing sweet potato and coconut soup and goats cheese rarebit. Fairly busy so a bit of a wait, but boy was it worth it. Going to have to make this a regular.

Reviewed 29 August 2017

We had two fantastic meals in consecutive days. Rod and Sonia take pride in their food and hotel, and should be commended for their hospitality and commitment to homemade food.

Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

Stopped off at the Tea Rooms with my young son and partner. Walked in to an empty cafe and when a lady came in she looked me up and down until I asked, 'Can we just sit anywhere?' I was then told that we'd be waiting a while as there was a table of 7 outside and 6 people due in. I asked if we should go then and was told that was probably for the best. I wouldn't have classed a total of 13 people at lunch time as busy, especially as 6 hadn't turned up yet! Very disappointing customer service.

2  Thank verity r
Reviewed 24 August 2017

I called here with my two boys for a much needed cuppa and food after a morning fossil hunting. We ordered a Lyme Regis blend tea and a girly grey tea. We are big tea drinkers and like to mix a pot of the "grey" family teas with a good everyday blend in our cups. My boys declared this the best cuppa we ever had outside of our own teapot!!!

If you like tea...then this is the place to go. Food was smashingly too.