“Ideal venue in any weather. We have had two great...”
other travellers have booked this property
picnic and barbeque area for 12-14 people
Upstairs Master Bedroom
Dining room and table for 12
Traditional Devon Long House lounge with oak floors
Dining Room and library
Bath Room with Teak Bath (Isle of Skye)
West Wing Bedroom with en-suite
Middle Bedroom
Oil Fired AGA in the kitchen
Upstairs double bedroom
Yeo farm side with amazing 12 person artic hot tub
Yeo farm private camp site
New luxury shower added 2017

No more leaks !
Chill out area and barbeque
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
carolmhor...
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Ideal venue in any weather. We have had two great family holidays here.”
Reviewed 10 April 2018 for a stay in March 2018
person found this review helpful

This Easter was not dry enough to make best use of the new BBQ facilities . But as this was our second visit to Yoe Farm we knew about the hot tub, walks down green lanes and the secret garden.
We dressed the farm and ourselves for a roaring twenties Murder Mystery role play. Made sushi for a Japanese Evening then spent an evening Spanish Style.
The venue is so versatile, from university studies to Sky TV .
Beds are comfortable and bathrooms luxurious. Plenty of space for all ages, One ground floor bedroom too.
The dogs have really enjoyed their holidays at the farm and safe beaches are not too far away.

hartylad
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Family Getaway in Beautiful Devon”
Reviewed 28 November 2017 for a stay in October 2017

This is our second visit to Yeo farm for an Oct 2017 half term break with the children and grandparents, 14 persons in total. George welcomed us to the property with a lovely bottle of ice cold champagne which was duely consumed. Before the keys were handed over we were invited to check the property for cleanliness of the property and functionality of the systems, ie hot tub, internet, TV, showering facilities, oven, aga, bedding, heating etc, this took around an hour to complete with Charles the owner (iam pleased to report that we were happy to sign off the acceptance paperwork and accept the keys to the farmhouse as everything worked and the farmhouse was spotless)

Once settled in we spent a lovely week chilling with the family and dogs. Most days were spent in and around the farm, using the hot tub, grilling and cooking food on the outside barbeque, lovely walks to the river and batham beach just 15 minutes away by car. The farmhouse and estate is beautifully presented making it a very affordable and fun place to spend a few weeks in beautiful surroundings in lovely Devon. Highly recommended.

29 Nov 2017
Thanks Chris,
I am very happy you and your family had a super time. Next summer I will take you all out to salcombe in the boat for fishing and swimming. Best regards charles smith owner YEO farm
Robert B
“Idyllic get away for family, friends & pets”
Reviewed 11 September 2017 for a stay in August 2017
person found this review helpful

We had yet another amazing break at Yeo Farm, which does not disappoint well before the moment you arrive along the lazy meandering roads and are greeted by Charles, who has created something special, tastefully refurbished to a high standard, maintaining the original rustic farmhouse features

Yeo Farm provides a beautiful, relaxing, safe setting for a family break with six beautiful comfortable spacious bedrooms set in a private 100 acre estate with open meadows and woodland to explore - a swim in "Mackies pool" is a must, especially when using the trampoline diving board

The large kitchen, lounge and living areas provided a relaxing space for family and friends to socialise and plan the day ahead - which was beautifully prepared for our arrival and maintained throughout by Sandra & George

Starting the day with a trip to the extensively equipped gym, simply relaxing in the morning sun or walking the dogs as the mist clears really provides a place to get away from it all and get back to all important family life

Yeo is ideally located to explore the fantastic local beaches to relax, swim, kayak or paddle board. Picture postcard Salcombe, Dartmouth & Kingsbridge are a short drive away providing plenty of memories to keep a busy family active with breakfast at "Alf Resco" or "The Beach Hut" stunning simplicity

The large hot tub provides a welcome break after a days activities, and a focal point for the family to reminisce, spending many a night star glazing with a glass of chilled wine in hand - wow

We had some fantastic evenings watching the sun go down around the BBQ cooking the days mackerel catch with family, friends old and new - whilst the kids played, music blasting out memories past and chatting the night away

A trip on Charles' boat provided some fantastic memories swimming in the sea, mooring at secluded beaches or lazing the day fishing

We have already booked for next year and can't wait to get back

Joanna C
Leatherhead, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 11 September 2017 for a stay in August 2017
person found this review helpful

Originally we were looking forward to going to Yeo Farm, however, a number of issues spoiled our stay.

We arrived at the allocated time to find the house was still in the process of being cleaned, although the cleaners were told to take their time to finish, they left after a short while and it was evident that the house had not been cleaned or maintained well with previous guests’ rubbish left under furniture, dirty surfaces, curtains falling off rails and light fittings broken. The kitchen worktops and ovens were not clean and the gas hob was partially broken.

Of the 2 showers in the house, one leaked through to the room below and the other had difficulty draining, after making the owner aware of this problem, this was put right. Electric shocks were received from one of the light switches, thankfully only adults received the shocks and not a child! The owner was made aware of this problem but no repair was attempted during our stay, we settled with switching the light on and off with a mop handle to avoid further shocks.

Whilst, enjoying a BBQ on the front lawn one early evening, the owner proceeded to retrieve a ride-on mower that had got stuck there the day before and then continued to mow the lawn despite children and dogs playing and running about on the lawn, causing a high risk of one of them being knocked down as well as disturbing us.

The hot tub was good to have although was not very clean before we started using it. We were very disappointed to find on our last full day, after returning to the house in the middle of the afternoon, looking forward to using it, that it had been drained! We understand that this may be necessary to prepare it for the next guests, however no mention was made that this was going to happen nor were we given any chance to change arrangements to allow us to use it during the last day.

We would never expect there to be a holiday home without any issues at all, but we felt that there were too many small issues, many which could have been avoided if the property was managed better and more consideration was given to guests.

Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
12 Sep 2017
Dear Joanne,
Thanks for your review and the only thing I let you down with at yeo farm was the needle shower which did leak. This shower has now been decommissioned and a standard shower will be put in its place. We can find no issues with the light switch that you mention and it works fine.

As for cleaning you never made me aware that you had a problem with it and indeed George and Sandra live on site so we could of easily fixed this point as we visited you every day to ensure you were happy. Why could you not speak to us about this issue ?

I accept that 1 light fitting was broken, this has now been replaced.
I inspected the work tops and ovens and they were considered clean,

As for mowing the lawn, my mower moves at 2 mph so how could I pose a risk to your children and pets, I completed the mowing in the front lawn in around 5 minutes and you had not even lit the barbecue.

As for the hot tub it is my right to shut down the facility when guests overuse it and 10 people using it for 6 days continuously meant that the facility had to be cleaned and drained. It was certainly cleaned and chlorinated when you arrived and again why did you not advise me that this was an issue.

The lesson learnt for me is that a customer / sign off document will be presented to guests to complete and sign prior to YEO farm management handing over the keys to YEO farm.
Mazzhazz
Camberley, United Kingdom
“Unclean & Poorly Maintained”
Reviewed 4 September 2017 for a stay in August 2017
people found this review helpful

Yeo Farm on paper offered us everything we could ever want for a holiday, but in reality it did not.
We arrived at 4pm & had to wait to enter the house as they had not finished "cleaning" it.
As you can see from the photos, I'm not sure it had even been started.
The hot tub was filthy & didn't even smell like it had any chemicals in or been cleaned; we had to add more water ourselves as there wasn't enough for the filter to work; smelt of damp too. We felt the river was cleaner than the water in the hot tub so we stopped using it. The gym was great, but the owner was using it to watch TV & all of our daughters felt uncomfortable asking him to leave so they could work out. We stopped using it. The lounge & 2 bedrooms upstairs had awful damp smells in, we ended up buying scented candles. The downstairs bedroom practically had water running down the walls it was that damp. The needles shower leaked & water dripped down in the utility so we didn't even use it.
I was so upset that I couldn't even begin to complain whilst we was there. We had come for a family holiday& to celebrate a special birthday & I didn't want to remember it by having a meltdown with the owner. Therefore I waited to return home whereby I messaged Charles the owner with my issues & asked for a refund. His response was that I should have given him the opportunity to put it right when we was there. If I had done that, we would have had to move out as there was so much that needed doing which defeats the purpose of staying there for a holiday. Yeo Farm is rented out at top notch prices so we believed we would be staying in a high calibre house with a welcome basket, soap in every bathroom & it cleaned to a high level. We did not get any of that. In fact, Charles stated that everything was as it should be. I will let you look at the photos & decide for yourselves. Charles believes you should feel honoured to stay at Yeo Farm, I felt nothing but disdain & dirty the whole week.

6 Sep 2017
It is unfortunate that you and your family chose YEO farm to spend a weeks holiday because right from the start I felt that it was completely the wrong place for a family of your type. I do not appreciate being black mailed into refunding 2k pounds to you or else you will write a bad review of YEO farm. Also PayPal does not appreciate scammers like you who try to get my funds frozen and take a free holiday. PayPal paid the funds straight back to me after reviewing the case, which went in my favour.

Indeed Amanda the cost to stay at yeo farm for 12 people works out at 35 pounds per night per person which is cheaper than a youth hostel. My closing comments is that YEO farm is a 800 year old rustic farmhouse that is full of rustic charm and character and superb for family gatherings. YEO farm was just not right for Amanda and her type of family.

The lesson learnt for me is that from now on all families staying at yeo will
Be required to complete a sign off / hand over document accepting the property prior to management handing over the keys. We can assure you that the farm house will be cleaned and ready to have a great family holiday.

Charles Smith
Owner YEO farm
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing