“Great spot”

Greens Of Padstow
Ranked #23 of 92 Restaurants in Padstow
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Licenced cafe with homemade cakes and fabulous views of the estuary and harbour. Open all year round
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We stopped for a coffee after a round of crazy golf. The cafe has had a major refit which has made it much more accessible. There is a lift from the road up to the cafe which could take a wheelchair but was being used for buggies during our stop. The outside seating area is large with smooth paving and parasols over some of the tables. The deck is enclosed and is child/dog friendly. There is loo in the cafe and indoor seating in case of rain.
The coffee and cake were excellent but it is TABLE SERVICE so be prepared for a wait to order your food. The wifi is free and unlocked and I got 14mbs download speed on a fairly busy day.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Whether its wet or dry with the extra new refurbished area you can eat at Greens either way. Lovely views across the sea and the food is brilliant. I had a lovely goats cheese salad with red onion chutney (they let me substitute the betroot relish with no problems) and the croquette monsieur was tasty too.

1  Thank mbreary
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We love this place and were enjoying coffee and a scone. It was close to lunchtime and the terrace crowded. We opted to sit inside. Lunch time was approaching and the staff became anxious about reservations, so they politely placed reserved signs on all the inside tables.
From that point on I felt uncomfortable because we were being hurried.
We will be back but we thought it would be helpful to let visitors know that choosing the best time is important.
As usual great food, great place but this time there was an issue

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Previously my wife and I had spent many a happy trip to greens with the dogs. Stopped by on a Sunday to share a sandwich. Really disappointed by the choice. Ordinary sliced bread that was a tad indifferent. Would have expected high quality granary bread cut from a loaf. Complained to the staff but they were also indifferent. Expensive for what it was

Reviewed 31 March 2018

We decided to try out here as my sister in law recommended it and also it was a nice sunny day with plenty of outside seating. We were only having coffee and cake, nice selection of cake, my son had raspberry and pistachio and my daughter had sunken chocolate cake, both delicious. My husband and i opted for the cream tea, delicious ! The views are to die for an the service was reasonable as they were very busy. My only slight moan is that they are very quick to clear plates/cups when not everyone has finished eating/drinking which does make you feel a little rushed.