“Local food”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 23 July 2018

Strange really, we've visited here many times as it is our local but never done a review. Had an early evening meal yesterday and as always the main courses were great and quick to appear. The waiters and owners are also very good, polite and patient. Good value for money. I would only say that the desert I had, the strawberry ice cream flute didn't look like the picture I saw in the menu and had clearly just been defrosted

Date of visit: July 2018
2  Thank Ian H

Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

My daughter joined my wife and I for a birthday dinner treat on Friday night. We’re two vegetarians and a vegan and the helpful service was brilliant. It’s rare to get clear and intelligent help about vegan - and you usually end up with ghee on something.

The food is always well presented, great quality and tastes great - no bizarre stuff like pineapple on Dhansak !! Also we always have to Doggy-bag half of the main course :)

The India Gate is as close as you’ll get to home-cooking in a restaurant and they’re good people who seem to care.

Date of visit: July 2018
1  Thank V3732TBchrise
Reviewed 2 July 2018

I came to The India Gate Restaurant on Saturday the 30th of June to dine out with my brother it was very busy that night but we enjoyed every minute we spent there, My brother had Shaslik Bhuna with garlic rice and a Kukc we hadha nan, And I had a King Prawn Dansak with a Special fried rice and a Garlic nan and for desert we both had a Strawberry Cheesecake with a cup of coffee, The food absolutely delicious and the service was of the highest quality, I would recommend this restaurant to all my friends and family and the manager Jay was very friendly and was very professional and looked after us very well even thou it was very busy I saw people coming and going all the time we was there for takeaway collections and I saw people coming in to dine in all the time, Thank you very much Jay and staff for the excellent time we had, We will definitely be coming back again.

Date of visit: June 2018
1  Thank Stanley G
Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

I have visited the India Gate with my partner and children today. It was on Banqute Night. The food was as always brilliant and proper Indian flavor curry. The staff are always smart and professional. Food came on time and surprised they brought a cake with candle as it was my son s birthday.
Though the resturant was busy but everything was smoothly and in time manner. Highly recommended but make sure book yourself in before you get in there. Cheers guys and keep it up.

Date of visit: June 2018
1  Thank Markgiacominelli
Reviewed 15 May 2018

This is the very best Indian restaurant in King's Lynn Norfolk the banquet nights are fantastic the customer service is very friendly and the food is first class I cannot fault this restaurant at all they offer a wide selection of Indian and English dishes the food is cooked to perfection and there is more than enough on the plate to fill most peoples bellies I have been coming to this restaurant since 1990 the restaurant is kept very clean and they provide a Delivery, Pickup and Takeaway service I would recommend it to all my friends and family anytime, Although there is no parking of the restaurants own spaces there is parking outside for limited times and a multi storey car park nearby.

Date of visit: May 2018