USD 125
USD 105
Free cancellation until 02/08
USD 131
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 146/night.

USD 197
USD 127
USD 89
TripAdvisor
2,299 results
All reviewsthe riverriverside restaurantfeature roommarlow bridgeindian restaurantlovely locationcomplete anglermolton brown toiletriesafternoon teachecking outbreakfast was excellentnespresso machineexecutive roomfour posterone night stayspecial occasionwedding anniversary
Reviewed 2 April 2018

We held our wedding reception at the hotel in March.
We were a small party and the hotel made every effort to look after us and make our day spacial.
The Operations Manager Sabin and his crew delivered an outstanding service and were super friendly. They were attentive throughout the night and at breakfast. The food was really good too. Bedrooms were spacious and we were upgraded to a suite. The whole experience was great and we couldn't fault the service.
We were a little bit concerned before the wedding as the communication with the Wedding Planner pre-event wasn't great however the Operations team delivered an excellent experience for us on the day! Thank you for making our day even more special and we will definitely return to celebrate our anniversary :)

Stayed: March 2018
GMWebster, Manager at Macdonald Compleat Angler, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Thank you for your feedback and many congratulations again on your wedding celebration. It was a pleasure to meet both of you and I am most pleased Sabin and his team looked after you so well. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel very soon to share your special memories. Also, I am sure Donna our new Wedding Coordinator will be delighted to meet you too and hear about your special day.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

Hotel benefits from a wonderful location, but Riverside restaurant a disappointment. Dreadfully slow service both nights despite lots of staff. Set dinner menu has no veg, meaning sides must be purchased to make a meat. When I questioned this, the response of ‘this is the Compleat Angler’ really didn’t cut it. A tough steak and a mushroom is not dinner in my book! Room ok, servicing rather hit and miss. With so many great restaurants opening In Marlow the Compleat Angler needs to watch out, it won’t be able to stay in business on location alone

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
GMWebster, Manager at Macdonald Compleat Angler, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2018

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent visit and I am very disappointed to learn of your experience. Clearly greater attention should have been given to some aspects of your dining experience and I am very sorry this was not the case. Please be assured I will be discussing this further with the teams and individuals involved, so they can learn from your experience and equally improve on our standards of service and offering in the restaurant. I do hope you would reconsider returning to visit us in the future.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

Absolutely incredible hotel!! Whilst we've stayed in many Macdonald hotels, I only discovered this hotel by accident. I was whisking my husband away in March 2016 as a surprise anniversary treat. We'd both wanted to pay a visit to Atul Kochhar's restaurant Sindhu in Marlow as we're huge fans of his sister restaurant Benares in Mayfair!! Sindhu is resident in the hotel itself so I decided to book us in. What an absolute find!! The hotel is absolutely gorgeous, based right on the edge of the River Thames and set in the most delightful location. We had a riverside view room and it was beautiful. The hotel even left us some complimentary Champagne and fruit in the room as it was our anniversary.
We stayed for 3 days and from the moment we parked our car, we didn't move it again until we left. There is so much to do in Marlow, as well as stunning walks along the River Thames there are an abundance of fabulous restaurants (two with Michelin star chefs - Sindhu (Atul Kochhar) and Hand and Flowers (Tom Kerridge)) as well as some great bars and independent shops.
The hotel itself is stunning, with the bar and restaurants also having a fabulous riverside setting and if that wasn't enough it also boasts it's own award winning restaurant Riverside.
We've been back several times since and loved it just as much as the first time. We're planning a repeat visit this summer and we can't wait. If you haven't been before, I can't recommend it enough and I would highly recommend you try both restaurants, Sindhu and Riverside.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback following your stay with us. Delighted to have the opportunity to welcome you and very pleased to learn you had an enjoyable experience with high standards of hospitality demonstrated by members of my team and from our Sindhu restaurant. I very much look forward to having the pleasure of seeing you again this summer.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

Had two nights with our family. Just excellent. hotel and staff excellent. Clare on reception so helpful in changing our room and being fabulous with our grandchildren. beds and linen very comfortable. Room very warm and cosy.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am most delighted to know that Claire looked after you so well and made your grandchildren feel at home in our hotel. We look forward to seeing you all again soon.

Reviewed 30 March 2018

A big thank you to all the staff for making my special birthday so memorable. When we got to our room there was a box of chocolates with a card welcoming us back to the hotel. This is the 5th time we have stayed here. We were pleased to see that the breakfasts were back to their very high standard, as in 2016 there was a blip due to the fact that they had an interim manager and the breakfasts were self service which are never as good. Fortunately they now have Gavin and his new staff who are all very welcoming and go out their way to help. We will certainly be coming back again.

Room Tip: We all have the same room which is away from the functioning rooms and away from the noise of the weir.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent visit to the hotel on such a special occasion. I am delighted to learn of your experience and that my team looked after you well with the improvements in breakfast being noted. I look forward to welcoming you back for your 6th visit.