“Great place to say, conveniently situated.”
Review of Clevedon House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hungerford
Clevedon House
Ranked #3 of 9 Hungerford B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 September 2017

Really great place to stay. Clean, nice breakfast and friendly. Good location in Hungerford and walking distance from everything in the town.

Also, I left my toothbrush, and the owner posted it straight to me.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 30 July 2017

My wife and I spent our last night of a two week cycling tour at Clevedon House where both ourselves and the two seated bicycle were made to feel very welcome. Clevedon House is an interesting town house style of property and the room we stayed in was both clean and well presented. The breakfast was enough to see us on our way and all in all for the very reasonable rates the Clevedon is a good choice for a visit to Hungerford and you can pick up antiques in the many shops in the village. Thanks to Nikki for looking after us.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chris R
Reviewed 26 July 2017

This is a lovely B&B in a very convenient location. We stayed in an attractive room, tastefully decorated and with the bonus of a private outdoor patio area. There is no cooked breakfast, but we enjoyed the croissants, toast, cereals, fresh fruit etc that was provided and it was certainly plentiful. In fact the only negative to the stay was the poor water pressure to the shower. Oh and by the way the host is lovely too! Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rayden321
Reviewed 10 March 2017

Lovely B&B located in the heart of Hungerford. A perfect place from which to explore the village's antique markets or a visit to the Kennet Avon Canal path. Bed was incredibly comfortable in a quiet ensuite room.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 July 2016 via mobile

Beautiful little B&B with only 3 rooms. Annabelle is so kind & she has made a lovely place for herself but it needs some big improvements.

PROS:

- fantastic location
- bed was SO comfortable
- lovely host
- beautiful place, nice features, clean, tidy & homely.
- not too badly priced

CONS:

- the breakfast provided is average. We have always had cooked breakfasts at bed and breakfasts but none of this was available. Toast, yoghurt, fruit, croissants & cereal. What is there is lovely & we did enjoy it but a cooked breakfast would of been ideal.
- the shower pressure is incredibly weak. The worst I've ever had. Had to hold the hose right on my body to feel any degree of pressure which is hard when you're washing your hair.
- NO cleaning service. Doesn't come in and make the bed or anything. Quite poor. At the least, new towels should be provided daily and the bed made.
- TV reception was good sometimes and poor other times.
- only takes cash. Pretty dodgy. Clearly avoids taxes.

The stay was quite lovely but the negatives probably outweighed the positives, we there wouldn't be back. Thanks for being so kind though Annabelle! Good luck with it all x

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
bannndb, Owner at Clevedon House, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2016

Thankyou for your feed back
I would like to express my concern on your reveiw as the owner of Clevedon House.
I was on holiday when you stayed at the guest house and had placed a manager in my absence.
I was a bit disappointed that you couldn't approach the manager with your concerns,as I thought that you seemed relaxed enough to.
Guests are always asked if there is anything needed in your rooms.Many people prefer not to have a room service but it is always offered.
We had taken you in last minute as the hotel in Hungerford had a problem with their boiler.i understand you arrived at 1.30 am.This is unheard of in a small guest house.we are not a hotel with 24 hour service.i feel very disappointed that you felt you could vent on tripadviser instead of talking to the stand in manager.
More importantly I felt shocked that you insinuated I was not above board paying tax.this is a highly personal accusation.
I don't take credit cards as I like to keep my prices low and credit card companies take a large percentage.what you failed to say is that I accept cheques and bank transfers.
I can assure you my business is well above board.many small guest houses don't take credit cards.
All the other negative comments will be addressed,apart from that thank you for your positive remarks.
Best wishes