“Good value”

Hostal Casa Mercedes
Ranked #5 of 32 Nerja B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 September 2012

This was the first time we've booked into hostal and not the hotel. Didn't spend much time looking for a place as found Casa Mercedes at a good price and with great reviews. I should say that this is a good value place with caring host Mercedes. However when we arrived and walked around the town we decided to switch for a central place, as in such a small place as Nerja you want to be centrally located and even 10 min up/down the hill makes a difference. Room was very basic and furniture is a bit old, bathroom is new and clean, view from the balcony is lovely. What can be improved are hostal grounds as I found it to be not very clean and pleasant to be around, such small details as i.e. swimming pool that did not evoke a desire to swim in it. I would recommend this place to the people who don't mind to be a bit out of town and also who enjoy the home-like feel of the place not expecting a perfect cleanliness in every detail.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 20 September 2012

My wife and I are a mature couple.We stayed at Casa Mercedes in Sept 2012 while attending a family wedding in Nerja.
We arrived late at 11pm.Mercedes was there to check us in.
The room was spotless,was cleaned every day with fresh towels daily as required.
Great breakfast and good choices every day.Try Miguel's omellette/bacon/eggs/tomato!
It's located in a residential area just about 5 to 10 minutes walk from the beach,The Balcon & Town centre.
Not a sound at night, great for sleeping.
As my mobility was limited we soon discovered that a 5 / 6 euro taxi ride gets you there in two or three minutes.(good radio taxi service)
Mercedes & Miguel were helpful but not intrusive.
All in all a nice stay at C.M. Great place to stay.
Not surprised they have so many excellent reviews
Gerry,Dundalk Ireland

Room Tip: Three rooms on the ground floor,ideal for those with limited mobility.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 August 2012

I booked my 2 week stay at Casa Mercedes fairly last minute - my friends stayed in June and they checked availability for August for me, so I think I luckily nabbed the last room! I was travelling alone and wanted somewhere small, friendly and comfortable as a base to chill out in, but still fairly close to everything. On my friends' recommendation, Casa Mercedes certainly fitted the bill. Mercedes and Daniel & family, the owners, are helpful, lovely and nothing is too much trouble. Mostly Spanish families in situ at the time I was there, which is always a good sign. My room (#4 at the top) was basic but very clean, had aircon (essential in August) plus a ceiling fan, comfortable bed and a good shower, a safe and a small balcony with good sea view. I didn't get to see the other rooms as they were full, but hear that they all vary in size (priced accordingly) and I would book early next time to get a big room. Great breakfasts each day! Small pool and good communal areas with a large open terrace + fab view of the sea. A short walk downhill to the beach and about 10 mins stroll over to the Balcon de Europa and the old town area. Casa M is also close to main bus stops if you wanted to travel elsewhere. All in all, excellent value and a good experience so I highly recommend. This was my first visit to Nerja and will definitely come back!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 August 2012

2nd time we have stayed and if any thing better then last time which was fabulous, lovely family run hostal, the breakfast the best we have ever had ........... so much choice and all really fresh plus cooked breakfast, very close to beach and short walk to centre, and nothing too much trouble just ask and they will help you.We will i am sure return again.

Room Tip: mini suite fab......
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lindyyorkshire
Reviewed 8 July 2012

We stayed in the suite on our honeymoon through spain and it was amazing- the room is enormous and the view from the huge balcony is stunning- better than the view from the famous 'balcony of Europe' - and at only 95 euro per night was excellent value. The breakfast choice was fantastic - the best on our three week trip, and Mercedes and her husband were excellent hosts and very helpful. Nerja is a fabulous place, and still retains its quaint character unlike many places on costa del sol. The small beach at the bottom of the hill from the hostal (10 min walk) was the nicest in nerja and we spent every morning here and every afternoon on our balcony sun baking or reading on sunlouges by the pool- perfect for a relaxing holiday. Try the restaurants and bars on the outside of town and on the old town region- full of locals and much less touristy.

• Stayed: July 2012