All reviews mini suite double shower freshly squeezed orange juice burriana beach huge terrace complimentary bottle of cava hotel owners minute walk excellent hosts large bed breakfast was amazing b and b stayed for nights mini bar sun terrace fantastic stay cold meats
Reviewed 27 August 2012

I booked my 2 week stay at Casa Mercedes fairly last minute - my friends stayed in June and they checked availability for August for me, so I think I luckily nabbed the last room! I was travelling alone and wanted somewhere small, friendly and comfortable as a base to chill out in, but still fairly close to everything. On my friends' recommendation, Casa Mercedes certainly fitted the bill. Mercedes and Daniel & family, the owners, are helpful, lovely and nothing is too much trouble. Mostly Spanish families in situ at the time I was there, which is always a good sign. My room (#4 at the top) was basic but very clean, had aircon (essential in August) plus a ceiling fan, comfortable bed and a good shower, a safe and a small balcony with good sea view. I didn't get to see the other rooms as they were full, but hear that they all vary in size (priced accordingly) and I would book early next time to get a big room. Great breakfasts each day! Small pool and good communal areas with a large open terrace + fab view of the sea. A short walk downhill to the beach and about 10 mins stroll over to the Balcon de Europa and the old town area. Casa M is also close to main bus stops if you wanted to travel elsewhere. All in all, excellent value and a good experience so I highly recommend. This was my first visit to Nerja and will definitely come back!

Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 20 August 2012

2nd time we have stayed and if any thing better then last time which was fabulous, lovely family run hostal, the breakfast the best we have ever had ........... so much choice and all really fresh plus cooked breakfast, very close to beach and short walk to centre, and nothing too much trouble just ask and they will help you.We will i am sure return again.

Room tip: mini suite fab......
Date of stay: August 2012
1  Thank lindyyorkshire
Reviewed 8 July 2012

We stayed in the suite on our honeymoon through spain and it was amazing- the room is enormous and the view from the huge balcony is stunning- better than the view from the famous 'balcony of Europe' - and at only 95 euro per night was excellent value. The breakfast choice was fantastic - the best on our three week trip, and Mercedes and her husband were excellent hosts and very helpful. Nerja is a fabulous place, and still retains its quaint character unlike many places on costa del sol. The small beach at the bottom of the hill from the hostal (10 min walk) was the nicest in nerja and we spent every morning here and every afternoon on our balcony sun baking or reading on sunlouges by the pool- perfect for a relaxing holiday. Try the restaurants and bars on the outside of town and on the old town region- full of locals and much less touristy.

Date of stay: July 2012
3  Thank Ogdenogden
Reviewed 30 April 2012

The hostal was excellent, run by a young family who were helpful in every way. Although a little outside the centre (a 5-10 minute walk) this was not a problem. We had a mini suite which was well worth the small extra charge. The swimming pool wasn't usable during our stay but we appreciated the sun terrace and the large private balcony. Breakfast was excellent.
We loved Nerja and hope to return to the hostal in the future.

Room tip: Upgrage to a mini suite.
Date of stay: April 2012
4  Thank PWDW106
Reviewed 9 April 2012

The Hostal Casa Mercedes is a fantastic find; after visiting Nerja twice a year for fifteen years and staying in a wide variety of hotels and apartments we decided to give the Casa Mercedes a try, and what a little gem of a place it turned out to be. We opted for one of the rooms that were one tier down from the most expensive at 67 euros per night…..but it was worth every penny. The room was massive as was the double bed, the bathroom and the balcony.
Breakfast was served out on a sunny balcony overlooking the sea; ask for an omelette and one will be rustled up for you by Mercedes’s husband, all light and fluffy and not a drop of grease anywhere in sight.
In my opinion the Hostal Casa Mercedes is ideal for couples looking for a romantic and peaceful break.

Room tip: Go for one of the rooms that are one tier down from the most exspensive.
Date of stay: September 2011