All reviews tapas bar next door girl on reception tutti frutti recommend this hotel evening meal dipping pool drinks machine small plunge pool priced hotel budget hotel hotel is centrally located lovely clean hotel we booked half board yogurt would stay here again beds were very comfortable short break
Reviewed 27 October 2018

Spent 4 nights in this hotel while attending a wedding. Hotel is a great location only 5 mins walk from the Balcon, Beaches resturants, Bars and shops. We had a room with a balcony but was a little compact. The safe was very small could only for our passports and wallet in it. Our ipads had to be left out. The breakfast was really good. There was loads to choose from hot and cold food and drinks as well as fresh bread cakes and fruit. Staff in the hotel are friendly and helpful. There is a small area on the roof with sunbeds and pool but we did not avail of as the weather was bad. We stayed in hotel one day due to weather conditions and I went to order some coffees. I was told kitchen only opens for breakfast and evening meals. The receptionist told me to go to tapas bar next door they served coffee. If there is not facility in room for refreshments then I would have thought you could order some. I was able to buy water from reception. The hotel was quiet noisy as the cleaners 2 trollies were outside our room every morning quiet early but our room was never cleaned before 2pm. All in all we did enjoy our stay but small things could make the stay more enjoyable.

Stayed: October 2018
Global818763, Front Office Manager at Hotel Toboso Chaparil, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write your comments. Each of them is essential to improve our service.
We will transfer your complaint to the corresponding department. We hope to see you again.
Regards,

Reviewed 25 October 2018

Our annual trip to Nerja with friends to see friends. Toboso Chaparil is formerly the Jimassol but now part of the Toboso Group. Reception staff and check in is good but I failed to take my own advice by asking to see the room before accepting it. The huge rooms with balcony views advertised on websites are NOT the rooms you are allocated unless you have pre-booked one or want to pay considerably more to upgrade upon arrival. Ours 113 & 114 were on the first floor, quite small & dim, bathroom modern but very compact which also contains some good travel toiletries, the towels are designed for thin petite guests. The overhead shower and water temperature were good. The rooms look out into a small inner courtyard (and into other guests rooms) which has no access and rises to the roof, however this doesn't help to make the rooms any brighter unless you want to stick your head out and look up to see what the weather is like! There is built in wardrobe storage/drawers with 6 coat hangers, a coded safe deposit box which you can just about get your passports in and a huge wall hung TV - presumably for when it's raining which it did quite a bit throughout our visit. Beds okay with accessible sockets. No tea/coffee facilities but we've learnt over the years and always take our own anyway. The Wi-Fi code is provided when checking in but doesn't work everywhere. Breakfast is served downstairs behind Reception between 8.30am-11am which served us well. This is usual buffet style and offers everything you could want tho the hot food was never very hot. I did notice someone warming beans up in a cup in the microwave. The toaster does not rotate so watch fingers. Some queueing for the drinks machine but not irritating. Juices were fresh. We didn't find the wait staff rude, just doing their job. Back to the room location. Unfortunately our rooms were right above La Rienda Tapas Bar which is popular and very busy. At first we thought someone had their TV on very loud then realised that it was the 'chat' echoing from below.To make matters worse as we got to Fri & Sat nights, we had thumping very loud music until 2am! Friends on the floor above in 214 said they heard very little tho' so the higher the better it seems. You also get a lot of chairs scraping, toilets flushing noise from other rooms. There is maid service however they start at the top and work down with the noisiest trolley ever-sounds like someone constantly wheeling suitcases up and down the corridors! As they didn't get to us until about 2pm when we were having a rest out of the rain, our rooms weren't done for a couple of days. The roof terrace with plunge pool is okay tho only used it once. There is a pool/beach towel service which isn't always advertised. The location of the hotel is excellent with the Balcon, Old Town and beaches all a short stroll away but just toooo noisy for us and doubtful we would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled with friends

Dear guest,
Thank you to take your time to write your comments, they are very important and help us to improve. We apologize for the inconvenients. We hope you give us the possibility to do it better.
Best regads,

Reviewed 23 October 2018

Stayed as 2 couples for 2 nights. Reception was good and the place was clean. Breakfast was good. The only complaint we had neither room was cleaned or serviced ( clean towels etc ) for the 2 nights we were there, I don't know if this is hotel policy or not. Also if you are travelling by car it is nigh impossible to get a car parking space anywhere near the hotel

Stayed: October 2018

Thank you for your comments.
Rooms are cleaned everiday unless if guests leave the "no disturb" sign on the door.
Sorry for the inconviciences.
Regards

Reviewed 8 October 2018

Bedroom so small and dark, I had to have the main light on at all times, no shelves put your swimwear, underwear, etc. Nowhere to dry your wet swimsuit or towel after returning from the beach, no balcony

Small window but it looked at a wall

Wardrobe so tiny, only 2 hangers but had bought my own

Food was cold mornings and evenings, when I complained I was told to use the microwave and that they couldn’t put the temp any higher. I don't use a microwave at home to warm my food so why would I have to in a 3 star hotel

Chips 8 out of 10 days (photos of lovely potatoes on their website which I didn't get)

Same desserts every evening, 3 different mousses, custard with a biscuit on top, and one night crème caramel, last night they did have blueberry cheesecake!!

No bar, lounge

Photos on hotel website misleading. What they are showing is their celebration room which has a bar and lovely restaurant but we couldn’t access it. Lovely bedrooms with towels as swans, not a true photo,
When I asked if I could get a coffee or a drink after dinner I was told I had to go into the town and find a bar. I am a woman, on her own, and I didn’t want to do that.

Plunge pool and sunbathing areas are dirty

I did ask to see the manager but was refused. I instead spoke to head receptionist. I aired my complaints with her, particularly about the food being cold and she said they couldn't turn up the temperature under the food as it was at its limit. She said she didn't believe we had had chips for 8 nights in a row even though we did.

I asked for a wine and seven up in the restaurant with my dinner and was given warm wine and warm seven up. I asked the waiter why couldn't I have cold wine and cold seven up and he said, you can have cold wine but not cold seven up. I asked why, if the wine could be served cold why couldn't the seven up and he said we don't do that. Next evening I went into dinner and I got cold wine and cold seven up. He said he had put them both in the fridge for me!

I asked for a hot plate at dinner to put my food on and he said we don't have hot plates. What hotel doesn't have hot plates for their food, even though in this hotel it didn't matter as the food was always cold.
I would love to know how this Hotel has 3 stars. I have been in many hotels over the past 50 years,2, 3, 4 and 5 star but have never experienced anything like this.

The staff don't seem to care.

The morning I was leaving my taxi was coming at 7:45am and I asked at reception the night before would they be opening the restaurant early so that we could get a cup of tea and a piece of toast but was told NO as the breakfast didn't start until 8:30. I said there doesn't need to be any staff in the restaurant as long as the coffee machine and toaster were switched on a few slices of bread available, still NO. She said she could do me a packed lunch, what! I asked what was in packed lunch and was told, bread, fruit and a cold drink. I just wanted a cup of tea!! She said if I walked up the town there would be restaurants open from 7am. I didn't do that as it was dark and there were people drunk outside the hotel coming back from nightclubs, so it wasn't safe.

Every hotel I have stayed in always opens their restaurant early for guests who have early flights just to get a cup of tea and a piece of toast, why doesn't this 3 start hotel open their restaurant?

The staff needs to go on a customer service training course.

I could go on and on but it depresses me too much

Good job the weather was good

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Catherine K
Reviewed 6 October 2018 via mobile

Ideally situated for Tutti Fruti Square and a short stroll to the main town & Balcon de Europa, this a nice welcoming hotel. Staff are very friendly and helpful. It's been renovated since being bought by the Toboso group and to a good standard. Our room overlooked the square at the back and was clean, spacious and well presented, albeit with a tiny balcony. The bathroom was excellent, modern and contained everything needed. 24hr reception too. The rooftop pool is more of a plunge pool to cool off in but there's plenty of sunbeds and shade up there too.
(Another good thing is the tapas bar/restaurant next door. Very popular with locals and great food.)

Highly recommended

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Holidaystar67
Global818763, Reception at Hotel Toboso Chaparil, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2018

Thank you for your review. Your comments are important for us.
We are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.
We hope to see you soon.
Regards,