1,473 results
All reviews kids club all inclusive package walk along the beach all inclusive drinks mini disco animation team saga holiday pool bar grassed area lovely hotel two bedroom apartment evening entertainment small kitchenette half board family hotel meal times the ground floor
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Just had a weeks holiday here with a group of friends. We booked a two bedroomed apartment even though we were half board and were so glad we did. My friend and I had lots of space in a very clean, well serviced apartment where cleaners visited every day to leave fresh towels and make up the beds. The food in the hotel is probably the best I’ve ever had in any hotel and the quality did not diminish throughout the week. Breakfast and dinner were really good with lots to choose from at every occasion. We were able to swap dinner for lunch on 2 occasions when we went into town to eat for a change. Lunch was as good as dinner!
Staff throughout the hotel were very friendly and always busy doing their jobs, lots of cleaning going on at all times. The hotel is immaculate throughout.
The only let down is the evening entertainment that is very poor. Some shows were shown outdoors but it was too chilly to sit and watch. Overall the entertainment is poor.
The animation team work tirelessly to keep guests engaged however one member of the team, Rui, is quite arrogant and he did ruffle a number of feathers on Saturday night! A good number of guests wanted to watch ‘Strictly’ on BBC however when asked Rui said that the tv had to show sport on a Spanish channel! When asked again he relented and allowed us all to watch the programme but without any sound! Truly pathetic! He was quite rude to a number of guests and did spoil our evening.

I would stay at this hotel again but would endeavour to go into town at night rather than sit through the dreadful entertainment.
Thank you for a lovely stay!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
MarinasDeNerja, RECEPCIÓN at Marinas de Nerja Aparthotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Lalderson29,

first of all, we would like to thank you for posting your review and share it with on Tripadvisor.

We are really proud after reading your nice comments regarding your room, staff and restaurant. Thank you for let us know that it was the best food you have ever had on holidays. We try to offer a guide range of dishes to make guest taste different flavours with a very high quality.

On the other hand, it is a shame that you could not enjoyed with our entertainment department as they are always really appreciated by our guest, we are sorry if in your case we were not able to meet your expectations.

We hope we have the chance to exceed your expectations next time and we remain at your disposal,

Reviewed 4 October 2018

I recently stayed here as part of a wedding party and was quite disappointed by my experience. I was my sisters guest the evening before her wedding, her fiance stayed with his mother, yet the hotel charged a €79 fee to allow me to trade places with her fiance who wasn't actually staying there. This included breakfast the next morning which was full in variety but not fantastic in flavor. The hotel insists that all guest wear a ridiculous arm band like one would wear in hospital, maybe some people feel important wearing one of these but I found it to be annoying and not necessary in all the hotels I have been in I have never had to wear one. I do not feel that the hotel looked after my sister and her husband very well as there were a number of issues arising over the week they stayed there. Another incident that was quite annoying is my family and I arrived early at the hotel to meet my sister so we decided to go and have some coffee in the bar, and when I went up to order we were told that we were not allowed to as we were not residents of the hotel! This is a huge mistake and missed opportunity to deny paying customers the right to dine or drink in a hotel that is situated a few kilometers away from the town when it is the only large establishment around.

Stayed: September 2018
1  Thank Susanne D
MarinasDeNerja, RECEPCIÓN at Marinas de Nerja Aparthotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2018

Dear Susanne D,

first of all, thank you for the time you have taken to write about your last stay with us.

We really regret if you stay was not as you expected. We always do our best to make guest feel at home during their stay.

In relation to the band, we are really sorry if you did not agree with it. This is a security policy as our hotel leads directly to the beach and all the facilities are only for the use of your residents.

Anyway, we always inform our guest who are attending a wedding that they can come arround reception to cut it off on the wedding day.

Anyway we hope to see you in a future visit.

Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

Just on our last day of 1week stay everything about this hotel is always great the staff are all lovely food good and drinks spot on my daughter had a massage in the spa by Patrice ( sorry if spelling is wrong) she said best massage she's ever had so thanks for another lovely week see you in march

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family

Dear Patmersyde,

thanks a lot for your 5 points!

We are more than glad to read that you have come back to our hotel to enjoy again and that once more you were satisfied with all our service.

It will be a pleasure to welcome you back in March.

Warm greetings from all the staff.

Reviewed 1 October 2018 via mobile

The staff are amazing, they go above and beyond. So friendly. The food although it's buffet is absolutely fabulous with different options every night. We were there late September so there was no queuing for restaurant but I would imagine it gets quite busy in summer months. My one criticism of the hotel is that the children's options for food is very slim especially if you have picky eaters like I do. It has fabulous fancy dishes for adults but for my kids 4 and 2 we struggled. Could do with chicken nuggets/sausages, which are all on the pool bar menu but not in the all inclusive package, which is a little bit annoying that you would have to pay separately. I would recommend the all inclusive too if you can get it on special offer. There is a kids club/toy room that the kids can play in which is nice for a break out of the sun. I wouldn't leave mine unattended there as they were too young so we just stayed and played with them there. The beach is literally ontop of the pool which is great and there was ample beds available at this time of year. We never needed to put towels down to save beds and always got beds together at about 11am. It is a 40 minute walk to the town if you have 2 buggys to push! We were told it was nearer!! No big deal as we liked to stay in the hotel most nights.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Grace K

Dear Grace K,

first of all, we would like to thank you for the time you have taken to post your review after your last visit to our hotel.

We are more than glad to see your 5 points as it means that you were satisfied with your stay.

Thank you also for your nice words to our staff. We do all our best to make guest feel at home and give them the best service.

We also want to thank you for the great appreciation of our food. At Marinas de Nerja we have a true passion for gastronomy and for this reason it is always very rewarding to read when a guest enjoyed our varied option with the best quality.

In relation to the mini club, it was nice to read that you could join them and enjoy the experience .

On the other hand, we really regret if our all inclusive was not as you expected. Anyway, your comments will be taken into a high consideration in order to improve our services.

We hope to welcome you back in a near future.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 17 September 2018

We got married in Marinas de Nerja on August the 21st 2018. Everything went so well due to the organisation of the hotel. Eva the wedding coordinator was fantastic and very helpful to us in the months before the wedding. Eva really knew what she was talking about and gave us great advice. Very helpful. Charlotte was superb on the day and everything ran like clockwork. Charlotte liased with us through out the day and we knew we were in safe hands. The whole day was amazing and our family and friends couldnt believe how great it was. The food was top class, the setting was beautiful and all the little touches e.g the menu matching our wedding invites really made all the difference. Marinas de Nerja hotel really know how to organise a wedding -they are the experts. Delighted we chose to get married there.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank 846ac456
MarinasDeNerja, Cristina García. Bookings&Reception Desk Dpt. at Marinas de Nerja Aparthotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2018

Dear Guests,

Thank you for taking the time to report your experience about your stay at our Hotel Marinas de Nerja.

We are delighted to know that we exceeded your overall expectations from check-in to check-out.

All the staff of Marinas de Nerja makes an big effort to give guests the best experience , therefore we are really proud after reading your nice words that we make with our work even more unforgettable your wedding day.

Thank you once again for your nice comments and we hope to welcome you back very soon!

Warm regards.