1,680 results
All reviews thomson gold entertainment team gold entertainment patio bar thomson team gold hotel pool area happy hour plenty of choice sea view across the road superior room evening entertainment great holiday sister hotel great entertainment both breakfast and dinner
Reviewed 20 November 2011

Just got back from 2 weeks at Yaramar if you like peace and quiet and pleasant dining room staff including the maitre this is not for you. Porridge every morning lumpy & cool, bacon burned, food at breakfast & evening not replaced when trays empty, cook goes missing if you want omelette, have to find a member of staff to find him, piped music in dining room morning & evening, except on what they call gala night! 1 candle in a plastic container on tables, a woman up the corner playing a keyboard like someone with no fingers & giving gbh of the ears trying to sing. Then the men in tights playing instruments & making a collection. some parts of the hotel tired, when it rains some windows leak but they do put towels on the floor & mop up, disabled can't access sauna or downstairs entertainment, despite disability discrimination which thomson & hotel are aware of. Reps a waste of time unless all you want is a new mattress or bus times.

4  Thank maple24
Reviewed 14 November 2011

My wife and I aged 62 and 61 stayed in the Yaramar from 6th to 13th November 2011. On the whole it was very good. The room was spacious, had Sat TV, a safe and tea &coffee making facilities. We were let down by the room not being serviced until after 2.00 everyday and on our last day 3.30. I have to echo what others have said in that all of the guests other than a very few were well over 70 and the hotel and Thomsons staff catered to this. But and it's a big but, people who were born in 1939 and after surely were teenagers at the start of rock n roll and would prefer the entertainment to be geared to years 1956 and on, not ballroom dancing and even worse sequence dancing, is there anything more trite!
The selection of food in the restaurant morning and evening was excellent but as reported by others you have to queue, particularly of a night time to get into the restaurant and I didn't expect that of a 4 * hotel.
The staff both the hotel and Thomson's were very helpful and approachable. The hotel is perfectly placed for you to get around with ease.
Finally, if you are travelling with Thomsons to this hotel don't be fooled by the gold tag conditions, yes were we taken straight to the hotel from the airport, but not until we sat in the coach in the airport's underground car park for 40 minutes whilst the reps sorted out what's what. We also had problems on the return with our cases being moved in the lobby whilst we went to breakfast and then our having to chase round to find them when the coach arrived.

Room Tip: Ask for around 10th floor overlooking the swimming pool and you'll get the sun all day perfect in November
2  Thank John B
Reviewed 14 November 2011

Great hotel in a great location near to the sea, bus station and railway station. lots of bars etc locally and about 20mins walk to town centre

Room Tip: Superior rooms are the best
1  Thank adyval
Reviewed 7 November 2011

I read several reviews about this hotel before booking and couln't understand why they where conflicting but decided to book on the general positives. I now understand why. I am 62 and my partner 59. I would estimate the average age of client at the hotel was 70 + and it catered very well for disabled people. The reception staff where exceptionally polite and helpfull and the luggage just arrived from the coach to the room with no hastle. The food was OK and suited the age of the clientel. It was certainly nowhere near the standard of other Thomson hotels we have stayed in. Our room had very tired furniture and the standard of mantainence was not what you would expect which left some areas quite tatty. We eat out 4 times during the week we stayed there as I didn't feel there was much variety.
The entertainment was not on par with other Thomson Gold establishments and catered again for the older age group. The Disco function room downstairs was like an obstacle course and it the stage was difficult to see because of pillars. There where lines every evening for dinner to get in the dining room and I felt better organisation could have solved this as there was plenty of room inside. Free room safe is excellent. Generally I find it difficult to give a score above 3 but we did have a relaxing holidat in a very pleasant area. Lots of people we spoke to go back every year but again I must connect this with the older age group some into their 80's. I would not reccomend this hotel to anyone under 65 - without being rude you feel like saying would you make up your mind there are other people in the hotel. In summary Thomson the gold is tarnished for me and it was more like a bronze experience. Someone had previously been smoking in our room so the room should have been vented before we arrived.

Room Tip: Ask your travel agent do they have any experience of the age group staying there.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank CJM1952
Reviewed 7 November 2011

We go to Gold hotels 4/5 times a year and went here on spec. in February 2011.
Although the weather was not kind for 2 of our seven days, the same cannot be said of the staff in the Yaramar.
From the moment we arrived I could honestly say that everyone in this hotel goes out of their way to welcome you.
Excellent Thomson hotel. We will be returning in 2011 that is for sure