“Wonderful meal!!!!”

Price range: USD 6 - USD 32
Cuisines: International
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Aughrim, Gold Medal Tidy Town winner welcomes the re- opening of the Grainstore Restaurant in July 2018 with experienced hotelier Marianne Fox at the helm and headchef Sean Keogh with years of experience in Ireland and France by her side. They will combine local ingredients including Wicklow farmhouse cheeses and wild mushrooms and Irish produce to create a truly unique dining experience unrivalled in Co Wicklow. From succulent starters, to innovative mains and homemade desserts. Business conferences, office parties , christmas parties and special occasions all catered for. The Grainstore at the Meath Arms County Wicklow. Taste The Difference!
Reviewed 15 October 2017

We had an exemplary dining experience at the Grainstore. Kevin, the chef/owner, was personable and attentive. The ambience was very nice. Food was exceptional--especially the Sri Lankan Curry. I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone staying in the Wicklow County area ( Rathdrum, Avoca, Aughrim, etc.)

1  Thank Jill E

Reviewed 11 October 2017

My husband and I were told about this restaurant when we stayed nearby. We popped down on the saturday evening we were there in the hope of getting a table . Thankfully we were found one and both decided to have the Sri-Lankan curry . We had chicken and vegetable curries, with rice and a cabbage side and a chutney . It was all so tasty , we loved it .The only small point is that we would have liked more poppadum but in hindsight I'm sure if we had asked we would have been given some.
If we ever return to thexare we will definitely be going back as not only was the food good but we were made to feel very welcome and the owner made sure he spoke to all the customers in that evening.

1  Thank Frances B
Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

Although the menu had some very good sounding roast beef, steak and lamb shank dishes we chose the very delicious Siri Lankan Experience.

If you are after something a little different and tasty - I think the Grainstore will deliver

I believe the can cater for large parties/family gatherings too

1  Thank fclauson
Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

Wasn't expecting to find authentic Sri Lankan food in Wicklow but what a treat. Keith the chef is passionate about his food. We had the sharing Ski Lankan dish and our daughter had traditional roast of the day - beef.

Food looked and tasted delicious, presented in authentic serving bowls. Service was professional and attentive.

Venue was comfortable and nice atmosphere.

I would certainty go back. Thanks Keith and team.

1  Thank Brigid C
Reviewed 4 October 2017

Another great experience at the Grainstore last Friday. As always the food and service were excellent. I feel I need to mention the new arrangements regarding the bathrooms, which had been a stain on an otherwise great experience. Well done Keith on sorting out this situation. Now I can happily recommend this restaurant to my friends!