“Lobster and T-Bone”

Ranked #3 of 10 Restaurants in Strandhill
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 14 August 2017

On a busy Friday evening, a staff member greeted us and got us seated quickly despite us not having a reservation. The table was set quickly and we were given water before our order was taken. The lobster was absolutely delicious and was served with salad, chips, a variety of sauces and a basket of bread, perfect for mopping up the butter the lobster was cooked in! The t-bone was so tender and flavoursome. Shared chicken wings to start, which were delicious. Bill came to about €90 for one starter, two top class mains, two desserts plus tea and coffee. Brilliant.

1  Thank Ava L

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

Had a beautiful seafood lunch here yesterday. The staff were really accommodating as we asked for both our mains with no cream. I had the prawns in filo pastry and we had a vegetable soup then for mains we had a huge big bowl of mussels and crab claws. They were gorgeous just think I would have liked more garlic on the mussels but that's just a personal opinion!

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

It's been a while since I last reviewed but I think consistency shows pride and this place should be proud of it's consistency.. staff are a credit to the establishment. Had the special today and it was yum. Ok veggies were a bit tired looking but the taste overshot any issue. Looking forward to being back again!

Reviewed 6 August 2017

We were at the Venue in Strandhill on a very busy night. Our party was 12 hungry people after having a busy day around fabulous Strandhill. The service in the restaurant was second to none. Everybody was served at the same time even though there was steaks and different varieties of food, everything was piping hot. I had the medallions of beef and would highly recommend it as it was very tasty and tender. Our servers were great, full of smiles and will go out of their way to do anything for us. I would highly recommend the Venue for a pleasant evening out. The sun was setting which made a great view out the window and added a classic sunset to the already perfect evening.
Well done and thanks to the Venue and there excellent staff. We will be back.
Ian & Maria Ryan.

Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

Ok, gonna sound a little controversial here .... I found the menu uninteresting ..... but I am THE most fussiest person ever! I wasn't particularly blown away with choice. I wanted something to stand out, jump out the of the menu and make me grab it!!!! It was "nice". Just nice. Fresh. Clean. Reasonable value. Good attentive staff. Nice view. I had a chicken burger first night and chicken fajita the next night. It was ok and nice. Both nights the place was packed and clearly very very popular place to eat and they are obviously serving what the majority want, im a minority .... so if you're like me, a bit fussy, a foodie that likes clean eating, this might not be your best place, however, everyone else will be fine! Apparently , my sister has the lemon sole and it was to die for!!!! I don't like fish so crap luck for me!!! My brother had the fillet steak which was large and perfectly cooked.