“Great location . Great for breakfast”
Review of Shells Cafe

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Shells Cafe
Ranked #7 of 10 Restaurants in Strandhill
Reviewed 7 September 2017

At the suggestion of a man we met at a pub in Sligo the evening before, we took the short drive to Shells for breakfast. Right at seaside across from a lovely beach the place was busy but still handled the crowd well. Along with a good selection for breakfast, they have great pastries and coffee available.

Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

Went here for lunch and love it's laid back ambiance. We were lucky to sit outside as it was a lovely day. Great place full of life and staff are very friendly.

Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

I would highly recommend Shells Cafe in Strand Hill, Co Sligo. They serve delicious food from early morning to 7pm daily.

Mary, Roscommon.

Reviewed 14 February 2017

My first visit to strandhill, what an amazing place, the beach is superb, the cherry on the cake was our wonderful lunch is Shell's cafe, had soup and sandwiches, the soup was the nicest soup I have ever had, it was leek & potato with garlic, so so good, also big plus for me was it was gulten free, and gluten free bread available for my amazing sandwich, goat's cheese and cranberry, so delicious, my companions also had soup and sandwiches are were blown away, excellent, a real door stopper of a sandwich, the way they should be, service was speedy, and very friendly, if this place wasn't so far away, I live in cork, I would be such a regular customer. Well done to all, super super cafe.

1  Thank Anne T
Reviewed 25 October 2016 via mobile

I've just went for a meal in shells restaurant with my sister. Yes the view is beautiful, I ordered burger and chips and my sister ordered fish and chips. It was horrific. Burger dry and chips were to crispy to eat. The fish soggy and again chips were to crispy to eat. We had two cups of tea. I said to waitress we couldn't eat this it was so bad. But had no problem paying for tea. She grabbed plates off table and brought them to kitchen not saying a word. No apology nothing. I went to till. She never spoke just "4euro" I handed in 10 euro she put 5 euro down then 1 euro in change practically slammed down. She walked away. I came outside in complete shock. I met one of the other girls outside where I asked for the other girls name. Her name was Joe. I cannot believe her behaviour

1  Thank christina0720