“Tranquil place and great food”
Review of Bellinter House

Bellinter House
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Navan
“Tranquil place and great food”
Reviewed 1 April 2012

We stayed there for a nice mid week getaway, peaceful, calm and very enjoyable. Had a great time and had great food

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
Ireland
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Got a deal for €139 for the night B&B. Had heard good things so decided to give it a go. Also the fact it is located quite close to Dublin, only around a 35-40 mins drive for us from our house.

Arrived in beautiful sunshine, and the first thing I notice was the peace and quiet. The grounds Bellinter is in are gorgeous. Headed into Reception and had a lovely warm welcome, registered and we were shown to our room in the East Pavillion. We had the end room and it was everything I love, the best phrase I could think of was rustic elegance. Nice bathroom also, although no bath. Huge TV. Robes, which I love to find in hotel bedrooms (and which often aren’t there). Lovely view through windows on two sides. They had a futuristic looking remote control which my husband had fun playing with. Headed back downstairs then and had a couple of glasses of prosecco in front of a lovely roaring fire in one of the lounges. There was a couple with two children and another lady with her toddler, but we didn’t see any other children and those were well behaved. Doesn’t strike me as the sort of place you would go for a weekend with children though. With our prosecco we had a lovely cheese plate and read our books. It was very relaxing.

For the evening, we had our dinner in the lounge again, was really nice. We had a few games of pool in the games room and I booked in for a treatment the next morning. We spent the evening lounging in the lounge, and chatting, which is what all the other couples were doing too. Very couple-y place.

The next morning, after a gloriously comfortable sleep on the extra big (and extra soft!) bed, we went down for breakfast which was being served 8-11am. They don’t do breakfast in bed (well at least not in the East Pavillion). Anyway, breakfast was very well run and they had a good selection of hot food alongside the usual continental options. Lovely coffee as well. Great service at breakfast, prompt but not too quick.

Had my treatment after, the spa is incredibly relaxing, with very welcoming and courteous staff. My treatment was heavenly, when we go back, we’re going to have the couples massage and I’m going to have a swim in the infinity pool, which is what my husband did.

I would say the only few things I could pick at are the handle on our bedroom door was loose, the shower in our room although warm and good pressure, was not that hot. The milk which we made tea in our room with was gone off a bit. The service for dinner in the lounge was slightly slow, and they weren’t busy, so I would worry if they had more guests staying. But these are small things and certainly wouldn’t stop us going back. If ever I fell in love with a hotel, this was it.

ps: for those who like a gym, there isn't one there.

Room Tip: Our room in the East Pavillion was lovely and quiet.
2 Thank rosysbird
Birmingham
Reviewed 25 March 2012

My husband and I stayed at Bellinter House a week ago. We really didn't want to leave, but as it had been a last minute booking we were lucky enough to get two nights. The place is magical. Our room in the main house was full of character, and just superb. The food is very good and the service could not be better. I had some Spa treatments, and we enjoyed using the pool, sauna and hot tub. I've stayed in hotels around the world and this one is up there with the best. The only (slightly) negative comment I have is about the music - the hotel doesn't need it on a loop - turn it down! Also, more could be done to make the restaurant more inviting. Other than that, it's 10 out of 10. We can't wait to return.

Room Tip: We stayed in the main house in a room overlooking the garden with the Boyne River in the distance. T...
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 14 March 2012

Bellinter House is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in! The room was beautiful, food was amazing and I couldn't fault the service. The spa was fantastic too. I look forward to my next visit.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 12 March 2012

Stayed here to attend a wedding at nearby Kilmessan Station House.

We really loved the "shabby chique" way the hotel has been decorated. Our room was nice, with a great shower and bed. The breakfast also was one of the better hotel breakfasts I've had lately. Our room did not have aircon, however the old-fashioned solution of opening the window worked like a charm.

Of course, there is always room for something to improve: in the afternoon the service in the drawing room was very, very slow... Also, as I am quite tall, I noticed houskeeping had forgotten to dust certain spots for quite some time (top/back of the TV was extremely dusty).

On of the nicer hotels I've stayed in for quite some time.

1 Thank Liam010
Also consider these accommodations in or near Navan
8.7 km away
Ardboyne Hotel
#3 of 4 in Navan
23.6 km away
Dunboyne Castle Hotel And Spa

Been to Bellinter House? Share your experiences!