“Brilliant night!!”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Solar Nightclub
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We went to Solar last night for a change, and we were so glad we did. From the bouncers outside to the bar staff, everybody was polite and really helpful. The music was excellent, the dj kept everyone happy, we were on the floor all night! The drink prices are fantastic, I even had money waking up this morning!!! Just to cap the night off the manager gave free passes out to everybody in the place!!! After reading some of the other reviews about the place being full of kids I had to post this, it was the oldest crowd I've seen in a club in a long time and we'll definitely be returning. Solar well done, I'll see u next weekend.

Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

Attended a mock wedding for Rag Week. Carpet in a nightclub. Really? Floors were either dangerously slippy (witnessed people slip and fall down the stairs on more than one occasion) or were sticky. Bar staff hadn't a clue. Five people behind the bar. Two were serving while the other three ran around like headless chickens, not really doing anything. Vomit in the sink in the toilets all night despite a toilet attendant standing there. Bouncers were probably the rudest I've come across. A friend accidently gave the doorman his evening ticket which was attached to the day ticket (two separate events) and was told to 'buzz off' in the most profane way possible when he asked for it back. Never again. Complete dive!

1  Thank gabertag
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Smelly, sticky, dirty, puke everywhere, weird toilet stalls with chunks cut out of the doors, a lack of bar staff, rude bouncers that wouldn't let my friends leave and watched people fall down the very slippy stairs and did nothing about it - this sums up Solar. I will never return.

1  Thank Lauraleigh92
Reviewed 12 January 2013

I am writing a review on the Solar Nighclub not Newgrange I am sorry to be so negative. Worst Night i had in real long time in any night club. the place was full of teenagers. I was constantly sticking to carpet. and the attitude form some of the bar staff is terrible. music was a v good only positive thing i can say about the night. a Nightclub not recommended for people over the age of 19. crowd far to young. Felt like i was in school ground and for some aged 27 wrong. Wont be going back to the club till some famous comes but by the looks of it no one special is coming if management does care about the place why should it stay up. Place is crap.

See more reviews
Reviewed 23 January 2012

Always great atmosphere here with a good mix of people and recently has had some great trance/tech trance djs lined up, especially on a friday night. Saturday night is more commercial club music but not really cheesy stuff either. Club itself is quite big although the dancefloor is a bit on the small side.. Rate this place much better than the other club in town. You can also reserve areas for special occassions.

1  Thank sallyann82