“Expensive but worth it.”
Review of Magee's Bistro

Magee's Bistro
Ranked #8 of 28 Restaurants in Carlingford
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Haven't been here in over a year.. mostly because my wife is a vegetarian and to be honest, the menu is terrible for a veggie.. probably the worst I've ever seen.. so, taking that out of the equation, my meal was super.. I went for surf and turf.. my friend went for the Hake and sauce.. which he thought was very average.. his partner went for the sirloin steak which was super.. my wife had 3 sides.. very poor veggie offering.. although the waiter did offer a rice dish if we wanted.. on the whole I will not rush back to be honest.. but it is a lovely place to eat for a special occasion. The staff were super. I don't have photo of the Hake sauce because it was so bad looking I deleted off my phone..

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Have been here several times. Never disappoints. A lively busy restaurant serving delicious cuisine. The delightful appetizers, lovely menu and friendly accommodating staff all make for lovely evening dining

Reviewed 31 March 2018

Four of us went over Easter and the food was absolutely lovely, fresh, flavoursome and large portions - piping hot and service with a smile - nice atmosphere in the restaurant with background music playing they have a piano - would recommend - they have a set menu which is excellent value for money which two of the party availed off a choice of 2 or 3 courses starting at 23 euro - good wine list .......

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Although this bistro lacked a little when it came to ambiance, I’m going to put that down to it being a Wednesday night and that was it’s only flaw.
The food was splendid, who knew prawns and black beans could work so well. The oysters were so fresh My companion ordered a mix of crab claws, prawns and halibut for his main and I had major food envy (don’t get me wrong mine was fabulous) but the crab claws were tender and meaty and everything they should be.

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

Great location and easy to book table over the phone. On the expensive side but portions were large. Only one vegetarian main dish which does not feature on the menu and you have to ask for it.