“More like boutique hotel than B&B. Rooms very tastefully decorated.”
Review of Belvedere House

Belvedere House
Ranked #3 of 13 Carlingford B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 July 2011

I stayed here with my sisters for an overnight. We really liked the rooms. They were very tastefully decorated and both rooms were very different. Breakfast was lovely and freshly cooked. We ate in their restaurant 'The Bay Tree' it was beautiful. Again tastefully decorated. The food was exceptional. We will return with our husbands next time. Thanks to Conor and Kristina for their hospitality

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank LinBat

Reviewed 17 June 2011

Conor and Kristina are most generous and friendly hosts of this delightful B&B in Carlingford, Co Louth. The room we were offered was luxurious and well-equipped. WiFi is a necessity for today's traveller, and it was provided free and worked well. Comfortable beds and quality inclusions like toiletries and fluffy towels added to the enjoyment. The Bay Tree Restaurant, operated as a part of this establishment, seems too good to be true for this little coastal village, and Conor is an accomplished and enthusiastic chef. We cannot speak too highly of the personal service offered here. They were not only hospitable but really helpful to us Aussie travellers.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Derek1049
Reviewed 2 May 2011

We stayed in Belvedere House for two weekend nights and were very impressed. We loved being able to come and go as we pleased, without having to go to through the restaurant, or someone's hallway. Conor and Kristina were both extremely helpful, not to mention friendly and a bit of craic. Our room was spotless and well-kept, and breakfasts on both mornings were delicious. We also ate in the Bay Tree, where I had some of the best duck I've ever tasted! Would thoroughly recommend it.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kk1234567
Reviewed 27 October 2010

Stayed in Belvedere House as was attending a wedding in the area. The first morning of my stay I went to take a shower and the water was freezing, icey cold. Impossible to actually manage to take a shower. I then discovered that the towels were grubby having already noticed the night before that the duvet cover didnt look like it had been washed.

I then went to get breakfast and to explain about the cold water, grubby towels etc and was told by a Polish lady that breakfast was strictly served between 9 to 10 am (which is unusual in itself). My experience of hotels, b&bs etc is that breakfast is usually served for longer than 1 hour in total and usually till 11 am on a weekend.

I then said I would like to check out early based on how bad the accommodation was and was told "I can do that if i wish but i will be charged as she has my card details".

I explained that I wasnt leaving the area just the Belvedere House as it was so bad and her response to that was that she “didnt care and she would still charge me”. She then got quite aggressive and I asked to speak with the manager in which she told me she was the manager, I then asked to speak with the owner in which she told me she was the owner. I regularly go away and have never experienced such a lack of customer service. This place deserves to be closed down. Its sooooo bad I was speechless with how my complaint were dealt with. I wish I had read the other comments on trip advisor and never booked this place. I would have rathered sleep in my car than stay in this place!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank karenmackey
ConorWoods, Owner at Belvedere House, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2010

I am very sorry that you felt this is an adequate description of your experience here at the Belvedere House. I would however like to put across our version of events. I accept that your water was cold, as explained to you, we had 17 people staying that morning and everybody took showers at the same time, you were told that if you could possibly wait 10 minutes, the water would be piping hot again but i do apologize for this. When you arrived down for breakfast the lady asked you if everything was satisfactory with your room and you replied that it was. It was only after you were informed that breakfast was finished that you suddenly complained about your room. You were told on check-in that breakfast is served between 8:30am-10am, this information is also displayed in your room. You arrived 45 minutes late at 10:45 but we still offered you a continental breakfast of toast, preserves, fruit, cereals, tea, coffee etc. It is our policy to deal with any complaints in an understanding, calm way and we do expect the same courtesy in return. You became quite agitated very quickly and were quite rude to our manager/owner who is from Latvia, not Poland. We were distressed to see this review as yourself and your husband stayed that evening after this incident and enjoyed your breakfast the following morning being served by the same lady with absolutely no problems. Also, your husband did, very kindly, apologize to the owner and explained that there had been nothing wrong with the room. This led us to believe that you had enjoyed your stay. Again, I sincerely apologize that you didn't enjoy your time here as we strive to make everybody feel welcome and appreciated.

Reviewed 16 August 2010

Visited for a night mid June when my husband decided to take me away last minute to celebrate my birthday. The room is reasonably good although an upgrade of mattress woudld definitey help. Breakfast was a different story though. When we checked in we were first told we were first told we could eat outside the set times but when we asked for 10.30 we were told no. Not a big issue in itself but when my breakfast was put on the table half was cold, some warm and the sausages had been zapped to death! On complaining I was told I woud get a fresh one but what I got back was the same (minus bit of sausage) zapped even more. Further complaint led to being told it had been cooked that morning! but I eventually was offered a freshly cooked one. By the time it arrived my husband, who simply refuses to complain, had finished and both tea and toast were cold. No more was irretrievable nor was there any apology. Won't be going back and ver glad we had opted not to eat dinner in restaurant! Give it a miss

2  Thank jackiep18
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carlingford
0.1 km away
Mc Kevitt's Village Hotel
Mc Kevitt's Village Hotel
#5 of 13 in Carlingford

Recently Reviewed Hotels around Carlingford

Been to Belvedere House? Share your experiences!