All reviews vm restaurant sunday lunch four poster bed top class hidden gem chef gary wonderful food warm welcome spa bath period furniture sitting room family members head chef the early bird lovely evening busy restaurant granola
Reviewed 13 November 2012

I booked into a room for 2 nights as I was in the area for work reasons and was pleasantly upgraded to a suite when I arrived at no extra charge. The room was stunning and the upstairs loft area was a great addition. I also made use of the jacuzzi bathtub. I had dinner in the restaurant one of the nights and it was one of the nicest meals I have ever had, the front of house made sure I was comfortable and paid me no less attention even though I was dining alone. My only tiny complaint is that the parts of the lovely gardens could be a bit better maintained.

Date of stay: August 2012
Reviewed 12 November 2012

A party of nine of us, varying in ages between 85 and 13 enjoyed an absolutely fabulous sunday lunch at Viewmount house. There was something on the menu to suit all tastes and the host was most accommodating. The setting was peaceful, relaxed and full of character with original stone walls and vaulted ceiling in the dining room.
It was also fantastic value for the quality of food that was presented to us- 3 courses for only 28 euro. I would encourage all going here to try the duck with a glass of house red and the banana spring rolls with rum and raisin ice-cream for dessert-just heavenly.
Will definitely be back soon!

Date of stay: November 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 15 October 2012

stayed here on our last day in Ireland, really pretty guesthouse , our rooms were really beautiful
clean and comfy. we had dinner at the VM restuarant and it was a GREAT meal.
Beryl and James were so kind , we had raced from Doolin to Longford and walked in with minutes to spare for our dinner reservation. Beryl was welcoming and gracious and made us feel relaxed. James helped me check us in online for our flight the next day....
Do visit this lovely place, you will not be disapointed.
Jill

Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 October 2012

A very enjoyable stay, the excellent food in the restaurant and at breakfast, a comfortable room, peace, quiet, plenty to read and nice (from what i saw in the dark in October !) nicely laid out garden areas.

Date of stay: October 2012
Reviewed 3 October 2012

I have stayed in hundreds of hotels throughout Ireland and the UK and this is my favourite place to stay. The welcome is so warm and the restaurant food is some of the best I have tasted. I stay here on a regular basis and enjoy coming back every time. I actually can't recommend this place enough!

Room tip: Room on the ground floor near the restaurant are gorgeous, the ones with the mezzanines.
Date of stay: September 2012