“Superb food and service ”

VM Restaurant at Viewmount Country House
Ranked #1 of 49 Restaurants in Longford
Price range: USD 36 - USD 74
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: VM Restaurant is candlelit, with exposed stone walls, contemporary paintings, linen tablecloths.
Reviewed 6 July 2018 via mobile

Not my first time to visit this fabulous restaurant nor to review it but it remains consistently good and their new head chef easily fills the shoes of his better known predecessor. As ever the hostess, Beryl, and all the waiting staff were extremely welcoming and attentive. On this occasion I had smoked salmon wrapped in seaweed with amazing trimmings exploding with flavour followed by duck, again with fabulous accompaniments, and to top it off I had raspberry mousse which tasted and looked amazing. Viewmount is surely the jewel in Longford’s crown and is going from strength to strength. Wishing them continued success.

Date of visit: July 2018
1  Thank Adventure810846

Reviewed 27 June 2018

Viewmount house comes highly recommended. Beautiful Sunday lunch and evening meals in a lovely setting on the outskirts of Longford Town.

1  Thank Longford2018
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Visited VM Restaurant & Viewmount Country House (see separate review) for the first time this month having heard about it from different sources, friends and business colleagues, and I wasn’t disappointed, an amazing experience. Bread is served to the table before the meal and both were really good, a brioche and I think a Guinness bread (delicious). The food only issue for us was choosing which to have from each course on the menu (there are 4 courses). Between all our party we had nearly tried the whole menu and everyone thoroughly enjoyed the meal. Desserts are particularly nice! I loved the use of colorful edible flowers with the food. The bar area is really comfortable also and such friendly staff too. I look forward to the next visit.

Reviewed 26 June 2018

We dined at the VM restaurant on 23rd June celebrating a 50th birthday, we booked the private dining room for 25 people. Overall our evening was lovely, service was a little slow bringing all meals at the same time but we were in no hurry. The owner Beryl was easy to deal with and accommodating with decorating the room in advance of our party, she is very efficient and professional. Our food was excellent, portions look small but we were all well fed, this is fine dining so don't expect over stuffed plates, we had a very relaxed atmosphere and the two waiters provided were professional but also great fun. Thank you to all the VM team for such a lovely evening.

Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

Whilst traveling around Ireland we stayed one night at Viewmount Country House (see separate review) and decided to treat ourselves at the restaurant as it was our last night. Delicious.... I am a fussy eater but they were more than willing to accommodate my needs. Delicious bread to start with followed by course after course of delicious flavours. Dessert however was disappointing and wasn't to my taste but it didn't ruin the evening. Service was excellent to. Yes it is expensive but you know beforehand how much it is and it's nice to treat yourself.