“Stopover !!”
Review of Gables Guest House

Gables Guest House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Newbridge
Gables Guest House
Ranked #5 of 6 Newbridge B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 September 2015

A quick stopover with husband and kids, a roomy room, lovely swimming pool, kids had a great time, helpful young man at reception , and with my fussy eaters, we were well catered for at breakfast time - clean plates all round..

Room Tip: good location in Newbridge- close to shopping centre and cinema
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family

Reviewed 22 June 2015

Myself and my husband stayed here for one night. Room was not clean. Wardrobe door broken. Carpet dirty. Windows had mould on them. Bathroom dirty. Very shabby. Would not recommend this to any of my friends

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends
7  Thank MattyandMary
Reviewed 20 April 2015

Just called in this afternoon to ask about B&B prices, as I need to stay a few nights a week in Newbridge. Person on the desk was talking to someone on his mobile about football at the weekend, despite 2 people waiting. I won't be staying there!

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled on business
5  Thank Mike P
Reviewed 15 January 2015

Just seeing reviews and want to absolutely disagree with certain reviews. My husband and I stayed there last weekend for 2 nights. I found all staff very polite,welcoming and very helpful. We both had a super breakfast on both mornings nothing to much hassle as my husband is a ceoliac and dietary requirements met. It has a super leisure centre for a guest house. Well worth the money and would def def stay again.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Mary H
Reviewed 29 November 2014

Having stayed in The Gables a good few times before. It was always grand. You got what you paid for. This time is different. It's 00.54 Ive just gotten to my room and the 1st thing that hit me is the smell of chlorine and smelly feet, in my bedroom, I'm number 11, 1st floor. The room stinks, stinks. I should have driven back. The room has a double and a single bed. I want to sleep in my clothes and not undress. The bedside locker has 3 distinct pieces of dirt (chocolate maybe) still on it's surface from the previous lodger, the other bedside locker has old cigarette stains and what is clearly a smokers spit on the locker. The opposite bedside locker door is hanging on for dear life. Jesus the feet smell gets to you! Now the bathroom which is huge has a bath and a separate shower looks clean. But with an under sink press missing a knob and the laminate in the counter peeling, badly. So I'm gonna hop into bed and hope for the best, but I am sorely let down. And will no longer EVER condone this B&B. It was always great for a quick stop over, but no one should put up with it in it's current state any longer. Ramsays hotel hell could defo turn this around!! So long Gables. I'm booked for two nights, work thing, I won't be staying my second night!!

• Stayed: November 2014