All reviewsleisure centrefamily suitelovely hotelbar foodkids clubboth nightssteam roomfamily breaktop classnight breakfood was lovelyfollowing morningboth morningssitting roomwould highly recommend this hotelfrom start to finishgalway city
Reviewed 22 February 2018

We only stayed the one night but the stay was great the hotel was wonderful the rooms were nice and spacious and clean we even had our own personalized welcome name on the TV screen this was a lovely thought. The staff were very friendly.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brian J
Desmond O, General Manager at Shearwater Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2018

Hi BrianJ,
Thanks for the great review hopefully we will see you again and you will be able to stay for more than one night.

Reviewed 21 February 2018

My husband and I stayed in a double.... Immaculate room, with extremely comfortable bed... Easy check in.... We had dinner in the bar on a very busy Sunday evening and the food and service was great.... On departure I left a gold necklace behind which I didn't miss until 2 days later.... I rang the hotel and they had my necklace which they posted.... Thank you Shearwater.... (And your honest housekeeping staff)..

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Deirdre002
Desmond O, General Manager at Shearwater Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2018

Hi Deirdre002,
What a great review.Thank you so much the staff are delighted you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

We spent a couple of nights here with family during mid-term. It’s a nice hotel and very spacious. Friendly check in. The first night in the bar was a bit of a disaster as far as food went. It was busy but the man in charge was going around like a headless chicken. Food wasn’t great, my chicken wings were cold as were the mushrooms. Everyone’s chips weren’t cooked through so I sent mine back and they never brought me a new batch. Next morning breakfast was great, a lot to choose from. Can’t fault the breakfast tbh. The kids had a great day as there’s loads of space for them to play. That night we were seated in the restaurant as there was no room in the bar because The was 17 of us. Food was better, everything tasted lovely but it did take nearly 3 hours which was very frustrating. It was acknowledged but no compensation for the long delay. Siobhan the waiter was brilliant and very accommodating. Very mixed options about this place,I think all it needs is to be run a bit better. I would go back though.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family

Hi Jason,
I am very sorry to read that the standards that we aspire to were not achieved during your stay.I have spoken to the chef about the standard of food you had on the first night and we are always trying to improve our standard of service so that even on very busy nights we can still provide excellent service to all our guests.It was great to see that the kids enjoyed their stay and that breakfast was good.
Sorry again for your stay but glad to see you will return.

Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

My husband and I broke a long journey with an overnight stay. First pleasant surprise was free parking. Check in was efficient and friendly. Room was large and bright and key card was already installed... lights on and personalised welcome message on TV screen. Wifi excellent. Generous supply of quality toiletries including sewing and grooming kits. Went to bar for dinner... excellent carbonara and fish and chips...friendly and prompt service.Decided to have breakfast next morning as we were on a room only deal. For €10 it was superb value. Our room cost €59 euro which was a serious bargain. Do try it!!!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Storyteller716406

Thanks for the great review.It is great to read that you found all our offering to your liking.We try to provide excellent food and service and also good value too.
Thanks again.

Reviewed 14 February 2018

We , a group of six women from Dublin, had a lovely overnight stay on Sunday 11th February . The hotel was warm and welcoming , the rooms very comfortable and the food in the bar was delicious ! We were served all day ,by Siobhan , a local girl , who was very efficient and attentive and seemed to be able. to anticipate our every need . She had been on duty all day and by 10 that night was still in great form !She was on duty again the next morning, still smiling as we enjoyed our last tea and coffee before returning to Dub!She really made our stay so enjoyable and is an asset to the hotel staff. Please pass on our thanks to her .
We will certainly be back

Stayed: February 2018
1  Thank Dorothy N

Hi Dorothy N,
Siobhan was delighted to read your great review and she along with all the bar staff love to make sure that all our guests have a memorable stay with us.Thanks for a great review.