Review Highlights
Nice place to take the grandkids

We have been to Monkey Maze on several occasions birthday parties etc. I found the staff to be very... read more

Reviewed 12 October 2018
Paul W
Cork, Ireland
Grand Day Out - including food!

This really is a good day out for the kids. Our son wanted to take his two friends somewhere and as... read more

Reviewed 11 April 2018
julianrixon
Bantry, Ireland
via mobile

All reviews an indoor play area play equipment great place for kids rainy day year olds two hours great fun obstacles safety cork tags
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Excellent play centre. Very safe and very, very good fun for kids!! Coffee is good too :) Suitable for all ages.

Date of experience: April 2018
Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

My 5 yr old, 3 yr old and 1 yr old enjoyed themselves. Wet day during our cork holiday. They ran around for a good hr and a half & tired them out for the day. Seemed reasonably priced.

Date of experience: March 2018
Reviewed 13 March 2018

On the 24th of February 2018 I rang Monkey Maze from Glanmire/ Cork to make a booking. After being informed that the date and time I wished to make the booking for was available the first question the lady made me was about what age my child was to which I answered: “she is going to be 10yo”.

After that she asked me about how many children would be attending the party and our details such as our name. When I finished spelling my child's name to her, she then told me she could not make the booking to not discriminate the supposed guests of the guests. I told her I was not understanding what she was telling me because I would be paying for my child's guests.

Her answer was that the guests would bring their brothers/ sisters, friends and so on and they would be above the height allowed to be able to play at the Monkey Maze. To which I replied: “so in order to not discriminate the supposed guests of the guests you are discriminating my 9yo child?” She kept saying that that was the policy of the house to which I argued back that I was checking their website that moment and in it it said (and still does) that children were allowed up to the age of 11 years old and to a max. height of 4ft9. When I was still talking with her, she ended the call. I didn’t get to now her name.

I decided to make a booking enquiry. Next day, I have a voice mail message from Monkey Maze that to finalize the booking they would need my details. I rang them and after explaining what had happened she pass the phone call to her manager to whom I explain what happened over the phone when I tried to make a booking. Her answer was that it was impossible because they are a business whose focus is on bday parties so they wouldn’t do such a thing: “It must have been a misunderstanding” she said. After assuring me that she would try to find out the person who talked with me and talk things out with her she would get in touch with me. That was alright by me. Misunderstandings happen, which still does not erase the fact that the lady who talked with me was rude and ended the call while I was still talking with her.

Three days after I receive a letter from Monkey Maze. Not even once they said sorry for what happened by the contrary. They blamed me instead saying that the person with whom I was making the booking with said that I had told her that my kid was 10 therefore she could not accept my booking. To which she added: “Hope this clarifies the situation”. I gasped. I couldn't believe what I was reading. What I had told to the manager had fallen into “deaf ears”. As a costumer who was mistreated by the booking lady I was appealed being treated in such a way by the manager but then again, what can you expect from the workers when the ones from above give this example?

Discrimination was the new word that my daughter learnt that day. She was all exited when I was “making” the booking for her bday party that she heard the conversation from beginning to end. Fortunately (or unfortunately), after I talked with her she got to understand that many people throughout their life’s will be unfairly treated. She ended up saying that she would be alright if we made her bday party somewhere else because she didn't want to be were she wasn't welcomed.

Date of experience: February 2018
1  Thank Hesthea
Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

We had our 4 yr olds birthday party here last wkend. There was 14 kids aged from 2-10 & they all had the best time. All kids are tagged going in & cannot leave without tag being taken off, I haven't seen this in any other play area in cork. Food is what you expect for party food, burgers, chips,chicken dippers etc. All the kids get a party bag when leaving.Staff were great & kept checking in if we needed anything. Its one of the cheapest places to go to midweek & same price as all the other play areas at wkend. A great day where the kids had a fantastic time, the adults could relax & we didnt hve any of the mess or cleanup afterwards of a party at home. Will def go back for future parties.

Date of experience: October 2017
Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

I traveled from macroom especially to go to monkey maze . I had 4 boys with me 3 were my sons and a friend . When I walked in the door the power hungry manger shouted at the girl on the desk . One of my sons just was told he could not enter as too tall . He was measured up and was about half an inch above the height requirements at this is got very upset so as the place was so quite I asked to see the manager and politely asked if by any chance he could go in as traveled from macroom . The manager here is so rude and would turn any one off going to the place. Told me no and did not blink a eye to the now sobbing child ! Rules are rules !!!! She told me . Then asked if the other children were going in !!!! What was I to do with my boy that was too talk ???? What a horrible experience on a family day out.

Date of experience: August 2017