“A good bit of fun for the kids.”
Review of Monkey Maze

Monkey Maze
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Monkey Maze bills itself as the largest indoor play place in Cork. With that incentive, we took our children, aged 5, 2, and 11 months, to enjoy a cold afternoon during Easter break. We arrived to a crowd with several birthday parties ongoing, yet they had enough parking to handle the crowd. The manager greeted us with a friendly smile, informed us of all pertinent information, and attached security tags to our children’s clothing so that they could not leave the premises without us (very smart system). We were told we had two hours of playtime, but that it wasn’t really that strict of a timeline. Our children LOVED it. They could have stayed all day. There was ample play equipment for both the smallies and the older children. Even with probably over 100 children there, there was plenty of space for the kids. The one negative was probably the cafe. It served the typical questionable burgers, sandwiches and chips; their “gluten-free menu” was chips without gluten and a kids burger without the bun. Although we arrived there at 1pm having planned on eating lunch there, we decided to forgo the cafe and starve. All in all, a fun option for a rainy day.

All reviews
"cork"
in 7 reviews
"tags"

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Excellent play centre. Very safe and very, very good fun for kids!! Coffee is good too :) Suitable for all ages.

Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

My 5 yr old, 3 yr old and 1 yr old enjoyed themselves. Wet day during our cork holiday. They ran around for a good hr and a half & tired them out for the day. Seemed reasonably priced.

Reviewed 13 March 2018

On the 24th of February 2018 I rang Monkey Maze from Glanmire/ Cork to make a booking. After being informed that the date and time I wished to make the booking for was available the first question the lady made me was about what age my child was to which I answered: “she is going to be 10yo”.

After that she asked me about how many children would be attending the party and our details such as our name. When I finished spelling my child's name to her, she then told me she could not make the booking to not discriminate the supposed guests of the guests. I told her I was not understanding what she was telling me because I would be paying for my child's guests.

Her answer was that the guests would bring their brothers/ sisters, friends and so on and they would be above the height allowed to be able to play at the Monkey Maze. To which I replied: “so in order to not discriminate the supposed guests of the guests you are discriminating my 9yo child?” She kept saying that that was the policy of the house to which I argued back that I was checking their website that moment and in it it said (and still does) that children were allowed up to the age of 11 years old and to a max. height of 4ft9. When I was still talking with her, she ended the call. I didn’t get to now her name.

I decided to make a booking enquiry. Next day, I have a voice mail message from Monkey Maze that to finalize the booking they would need my details. I rang them and after explaining what had happened she pass the phone call to her manager to whom I explain what happened over the phone when I tried to make a booking. Her answer was that it was impossible because they are a business whose focus is on bday parties so they wouldn’t do such a thing: “It must have been a misunderstanding” she said. After assuring me that she would try to find out the person who talked with me and talk things out with her she would get in touch with me. That was alright by me. Misunderstandings happen, which still does not erase the fact that the lady who talked with me was rude and ended the call while I was still talking with her.

Three days after I receive a letter from Monkey Maze. Not even once they said sorry for what happened by the contrary. They blamed me instead saying that the person with whom I was making the booking with said that I had told her that my kid was 10 therefore she could not accept my booking. To which she added: “Hope this clarifies the situation”. I gasped. I couldn't believe what I was reading. What I had told to the manager had fallen into “deaf ears”. As a costumer who was mistreated by the booking lady I was appealed being treated in such a way by the manager but then again, what can you expect from the workers when the ones from above give this example?

Discrimination was the new word that my daughter learnt that day. She was all exited when I was “making” the booking for her bday party that she heard the conversation from beginning to end. Fortunately (or unfortunately), after I talked with her she got to understand that many people throughout their life’s will be unfairly treated. She ended up saying that she would be alright if we made her bday party somewhere else because she didn't want to be were she wasn't welcomed.

1  Thank Hesthea
See more reviews
Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

We had our 4 yr olds birthday party here last wkend. There was 14 kids aged from 2-10 & they all had the best time. All kids are tagged going in & cannot leave without tag being taken off, I haven't seen this in any other play area in cork. Food is what you expect for party food, burgers, chips,chicken dippers etc. All the kids get a party bag when leaving.Staff were great & kept checking in if we needed anything. Its one of the cheapest places to go to midweek & same price as all the other play areas at wkend. A great day where the kids had a fantastic time, the adults could relax & we didnt hve any of the mess or cleanup afterwards of a party at home. Will def go back for future parties.