“Easy to find, great taste.”

Taverna Panellinion
Ranked #10 of 100 Restaurants in Kalambaka
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Restaurant-Taverna Panellinion was built in 1950 and its located in the City Hall central square of Kalambaka. Its a familly buisness and is open all year long. In winter we serve our home made traditonal dishes in a stone decorated warmy room and in summer we offer you our big shady square where customers can view the unique Meteora rocks next to the city fountain.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

This place is situated in the middle of city, so it is hard to miss it, there is plenty of space and tables, so one can get his meal, without sacrificing private space, which is very important for Nordic people, like me and my wife. :)
Highly suggest to take Beef in red sauce. The waiter wasn’t lying - it was tender and delicious. For two main dishes, Roka salad, 500 ml wine, coffe and bread, got receipt for 30€. Delicious and low cost - what a bargain!

Date of visit: April 2018
1  Thank 187m_rcisl

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Visited Panellinion as part of a day trip to Meteora region and received excellent service, tasty food and the benefit of a smoke free atmosphere in the indoor restaurant. A good variety of traditional food and grills, a varied selection of drinks and friendly prices. The restarant has some fascinating old photos and household equipment and a good mix of locals and visitors.

Date of visit: April 2018
1  Thank Maria S
Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

My family and I enjoyed a wonderful dinner at Taverna Panellinion. The menu offered a variety of dishes and everything we ordered was delicious. I will definitely dine here again if we return to this location.

1  Thank Diana R
Reviewed 22 March 2018

It might seem that only tourists go to this restaurant, but it was recommended to me twice by local people. I visited twice, for dinner and for lunch, and I enjoyed the meals both times. I've had Moussaka and Pastitsio. Prices are average, I didn't think it was expencive. As a dessert, you will get some cake and fruit. The staff is friendly. When in Kalambaka, give it a try. When the weather is good, it will be lovely to sit outside on the terrace.

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

We had dinner there, on recommendations by our hotel, when we did not manage to locate the place we originally wanted to eat at.

The restaurant is well located near the center of town. And is a very cosy place. On being ushered to our table, we were made very comfortable by our service staff. He made small talk and made excellent recommendations. He was also able to modify our salad to our taste. Through out our time there, the service staff were very attentive and food very served fast.

I had e oven baked lamb and wife had the tomato beef. Both dishes was cooked to perfection. The meats were very tender and seasoned perfectly. Even the rice side dish was cooked pretty well!

Definitely worth the effort to find this place for dinner.

1  Thank jtT491AD