Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Katie R
Greenwood, South Carolina

Took a 2 day trip to Meteora from Athens. Booked 3 star option and stayed at this hotel which did not disappoint

Review of Alexiou Hotel
4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 11 May 2024
Very beautiful hotel with simple bedspreads and room setup. The rooms are spacious, beds and pillows are comfortable and the breakfast is amazing. Convenient location to Meteora. Staff was friendly and accommodating. We had a morning tour the day of checkout. When we checked out the front desk held our bags for us from 9 am until our back to Athens at 6 pm. We had 2 rooms and both were clean and ready for check in upon arrival. This hotel has basic necessities nothing fancy, if you’re looking for luxury this is not for you.
Date of stay: May 2024
Room Tip: Simple hotel with necessities, beautiful view and great breakfast included.
Trip type: Travelled with family
    AU$189
  • Algotels
2.5 km from Alexiou Hotel
View more hotels in Kalambaka
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 January 2024 via mobile

This was the worst hotel I’ve ever stayed in. The shower was just a shower head from the ceiling with a glass partition to separate the toilet. It did not drain so started to flood the bathroom. I turned off the water (soap still in my hair) and grabbed the bedspread to stop the hall and room from flooding (never washing the soap out of my hair) No one was available to help when I came to the lobby-the woman setting up breakfast told me someone would be there at 7:30 am-it was about 7 am at that time! So at 7:30 I told the desk clerk what had happened to me. Not only were they not apologetic, she and some manager man were actually mad at me because “now they had to wash the bedding” and charged me an extra 20 euros. I couldn’t believe it. Don’t ever stay here.

Date of stay: January 2024
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Allison L
Reviewed 13 December 2023

Helpful front desk, great view of Meteora from balcony, especially in fading light. Train station and bus stop nearby. Same with the natural history/mushroom museum, well worth a visit. Bus takes you to and from monasteries. You are at start of a street (Trikala) of squares turning left out the hotel with a plethora of restaurants surrounding. The covered balcony stayed dry during T-storm. Hotel stowed luggage for our later departure.

Date of stay: September 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 August 2023 via mobile

Nice hotel with friendly staff and amazing balcony views. Light breakfast included. Offered suggestions for food and things to do nearby. Centrally located and within walking distance of cafes, shopping, and drinks. Highly recommend!

Room tip: Ask for a room with upper balcony for views of Meteora. It does face the main street, so some traffic noise is to be expected with the balcony views. Staff is very helpful.
Date of stay: August 2023
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 8 August 2023 via mobile

Great location, friendly staff. The Meteora tour picked us up from the hotel! Free breakfast was good by Greek standards. Comfortable room with fridge and efficient air conditioning. Very hot outside so that was important! Bathroom/shower were clean and comfortable, too! Highly recommend this hotel.

Room tip: Meteora tour came right to hotel to pick us up
Date of stay: July 2023
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 10 November 2022

Traveling on budget led me there and I can say that I wasn't disappointed! I definitely got more than I was expecting! From breakfast to its polite staff, I can use only the word 'amazing' to actually describe my stay there.

Date of stay: October 2022