Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
S.U.
London, United Kingdom

Great Location with friendly owners

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 27 May 2023via mobile
I stayed here for one night to explore the Meteora Monasteries. The direct train from Athens leaves 8.30am and arrive in Kalambaka around 1pm. The hostel is a 5 mins walk from the station.

The hostel owners were so knowledgeable and helpful on how best to do the hike up to see visit the monasteries. I had planned to share a cab with other travellers staying at the hostel, as the owner recommended this was the cheapest option at €24 return. But the weather was not great, we had thunderstorms with lots of cloud cover. So some of the travellers did the sunrise instead.

Although there is a hiking trail up to the monasteries from the hostel, I chose to catch the bus up to Great Meteoron Monastery. I visited this monastery and then walked the 4km to St Stephens Monastery. It is about an hour to walk with plenty of opportunities to take panoramic photos.

I would recommend staying at tis hostel to meet fellow travellers and you get a great service too.
Date of stay: May 2023
Room Tip: If there are other travellers do a shared taxi to see the sunset. The hike trail coming down is...
0.8 km from Meteora Central Hostel
Restaurant
    AU$160
2.1 km from Meteora Central Hostel
View more hotels in Kalambaka
All reviews enjoyed my stay catch the bus her husband the owner stella hike beds monasteries town
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 July 2022

This is a great hostel. It is centrally located, so walking distance to everything. Stella and her husband do a wonderful job. The hostel is SPOTLESS, there plenty of hot water and the beds are comfortable. It is also very safe. Stella was a great help in showing us how to use the local bus system to access the monasteries and hike through a canyon with in credible views to get back to town. She even loaned us scarves to use a skirts in the Monasteries. I would recommend staying a minimum of 2 nights if you are doing the Monasteries. It's a fun town with cute streets to walk, and great places to just relax after the big hike.

Date of stay: July 2022
Reviewed 3 May 2022

This is a great little hostel, in a very central part of town close to bars, restaurants and shops. It's also a good location to hike up to the Monasteries as the main hiking route is close by. My hosts were super friendly and very welcoming, they spent a lot of time giving me advice about the area and where is best to view the Monasteries, opening times and other tips. A friendly environment in the kitchen too, where i met and spoke with some other guests. I would come back for sure.

Date of stay: April 2022
Reviewed 1 April 2022 via mobile

No doubt the best hostel I have ever been to. The land lord and the lady are very friendly and supportive. The rooms are very cosy and welcoming. The bar is also awesome. I will definitely recommend this hostel if traveling solo or with friends. All the visiting places are easily accessible from the hostel. @Stella thank you for having me as your guest.

Room tip: Search for Meteora Central Hostel and your stay is sorted. And the land lord and lady are helpful and will guide you for your trips there.
Date of stay: March 2022
Reviewed 27 August 2021 via mobile

I went by myself and the two owners are the absolute best. They helped with finding a great moped rental to go up into meteora , and gave me a whole itinerary. Great hostel, beds, kitchen. Nothing bad to say at all. Super funny owners. I would reccomend 10/10

Date of stay: August 2021
Reviewed 17 July 2021 via mobile

Best hostel I've ever been. Beds have very good mattresses and covered with curtains you can have your own privacy. Every is super clean, has a cleaning service every day. The building is pretty also. Owners are very nice and super helpful.
Thank you for everything George and Stella.

Date of stay: July 2021