All reviews old town walking distance longer stay stayed only one night three single beds football pitch holiday village bed linen and towels secure parking free coffee the ground floor steep stairs yogurt playground jams route hire
Reviewed 28 December 2016 via mobile

We stayed here one night which was definitely too short time. You need to make the bed yourself and bring the linen back to reception which takes some time.. But as described in the comments: the beds are fantastic, it is quite and the apparent is spotless! The cleaner welcomed us by some tea and coffee left in the room - although while leaving we discovered that we should be cleaning after us. So, it's not a typical hotel, but it would be a nice place to stay for a longer time: good sleep and close to the center of old Ribe (oldest town in Denmark!). Walk to train station takes like 10-15 min. I would like to stay there again, but only for a bit longer time.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MirjaE19
Reviewed 22 August 2016

We've just returned home from our second visit to Ribe in two years and just had to stay at the wonderful Ribe Byferie - wonderful as last time. Great accommodation, friendly and helpful staff, great facilities. We will be back soon!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank EricCheshire
Reviewed 15 August 2016

Friendly service, the C house we got was roomy but the interior was dated.
Ok playground,fine place to barbeque and fine indoor facilities, but it would be handy with a small outdoor pool, even though they give you free tickets for the nearby indoor swimming pool.
In short, a fine place to stay, but more functional as a base than as a entertainment place itself.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Daniel K
Reviewed 19 May 2016

We slept here for one night, just my husband and me, the apartment is comfortable and spacy, I loved it very much, you have everything you need for a vacation, the room is very very clean and tidy, we arrived very late and we were in contact with the reception by mail and they were very helpful and nice.
We didn't really understood how the breakfast thing worked and the reception thought we wanted the breakfast to go but it didnt bother us, we took it to the room and ate there, very nice and light berakfast (buns, jams, butter, yogurt, orange juice and a little desert) for me it was very good since I dont eat meat.
The only reason I am giving this place a "very good" rating instead of excellent is because the bed was too soft, and I mean *very* soft which was uncomfortable for us. The old town is only a few minutes walk from the hotel and very beautiful.
One important thing is that some of the apartments are on the second floor in that case you need to climb stairs, luckily for us we got a room on the ground floor which saved us.

Room Tip: for accessibility ask for ground floor apartment, even than there is a step or two
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Adi S
Reviewed 26 March 2016 via mobile

I'm a relatively seasoned traveler and I was expected something else from a 150euro a night "resort". I usually never give bad reviews, but I'm very sensitive to not getting what I've payed for.
Good stuff: free parking, closely located to the city of Ribe
Bad stuff: all points listed below would be acceptable if it wasn't 150 euro a night and 4 stars(normal price for a good mid ranged hotel)
- reception closes at 16:00, so a lot of confused late arrivals (nothing more than a note on the door with instructions)
- no bedspreads and towels! You can rent a set (if reception is open) for another 22 euro and make up your own bed. Oh, and you have to bring everything back on check out your self!
- rooms are relatively clean (found some lost hair in the bathroom, instructions do state that you have to practically clean your room your self before checking out (wash dishes, take garbage bags etc)
- breakfast not included
- client service could be better, I'm always super polite, but travelers in front of me were frustrated and got a rather none professional (and a bit racist) response.

In short, the whole "camping" experience would be actually fun, if it didn't have a price tag of a very decent hotel.
I guess this would work as a family retreat, but again price-quality is not balanced.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple