“Good place for holiday!”
Review of Ribe Byferie

Ribe Byferie
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Ribe
Reviewed 19 May 2016

We slept here for one night, just my husband and me, the apartment is comfortable and spacy, I loved it very much, you have everything you need for a vacation, the room is very very clean and tidy, we arrived very late and we were in contact with the reception by mail and they were very helpful and nice.
We didn't really understood how the breakfast thing worked and the reception thought we wanted the breakfast to go but it didnt bother us, we took it to the room and ate there, very nice and light berakfast (buns, jams, butter, yogurt, orange juice and a little desert) for me it was very good since I dont eat meat.
The only reason I am giving this place a "very good" rating instead of excellent is because the bed was too soft, and I mean *very* soft which was uncomfortable for us. The old town is only a few minutes walk from the hotel and very beautiful.
One important thing is that some of the apartments are on the second floor in that case you need to climb stairs, luckily for us we got a room on the ground floor which saved us.

Room Tip: for accessibility ask for ground floor apartment, even than there is a step or two
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank adisikd

Reviewed 26 March 2016 via mobile

I'm a relatively seasoned traveler and I was expected something else from a 150euro a night "resort". I usually never give bad reviews, but I'm very sensitive to not getting what I've payed for.
Good stuff: free parking, closely located to the city of Ribe
Bad stuff: all points listed below would be acceptable if it wasn't 150 euro a night and 4 stars(normal price for a good mid ranged hotel)
- reception closes at 16:00, so a lot of confused late arrivals (nothing more than a note on the door with instructions)
- no bedspreads and towels! You can rent a set (if reception is open) for another 22 euro and make up your own bed. Oh, and you have to bring everything back on check out your self!
- rooms are relatively clean (found some lost hair in the bathroom, instructions do state that you have to practically clean your room your self before checking out (wash dishes, take garbage bags etc)
- breakfast not included
- client service could be better, I'm always super polite, but travelers in front of me were frustrated and got a rather none professional (and a bit racist) response.

In short, the whole "camping" experience would be actually fun, if it didn't have a price tag of a very decent hotel.
I guess this would work as a family retreat, but again price-quality is not balanced.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Pavel G
Reviewed 30 December 2015

First time, in 2006. Last time last week, 2015. We have stayed in many kinds of hotel arrangements in several continents, This one is truly Danish ... precise and welcoming. Living in Germany, though American, I find the Danes think it through. Whenever I reached for something in the very convenient furnished kitchen area, I found they already had "anticipated" what I wanted. Incredible! A tip: we have asked for a lower apartment. The one we were in this year was animal-free. Of course, all are smoke free. They do have a deep cleaning penalty should the residents violate the rules. Rental of linens and towels are extra. Located on the "edge of Ribe." Walking to Ribe is not difficult. VERY secure parking for guests. Swimming coupon available for nearby swimming area.

Room Tip: See tip in comments above.
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 December 2015 via mobile

I visited to Ribe with my 2 friends when the wine festival held. We ware looking for a hotel because we did not reserve. Then we found it. There was cottages. The cottage that we stayed was very wide and there was 6 beds. It was very clean. I can recommend this hotel especially for family and group.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Miho M
Reviewed 27 September 2015

As we were travelling around with little in the way of a plan or knowledge of the area, we were delighted when our sat nav listed this complex.
The lady behind the reception counter was friendly and helpful.
The cost was very good at around £60 for one night for a spacious, modern and clean, one bedroom apartment with full kitchen facilities.
It was within easy walking distance of the wonderful town centre of Ribe but very quiet and comfortable. We found it the perfect place for us that night.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DevonAddick
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ribe
0.6 km away
25 km away
Cabinn Esbjerg Hotel
Cabinn Esbjerg Hotel
#9 of 15 in Esbjerg

Been to Ribe Byferie? Share your experiences!