“Good meat, slow service...”
Review of Jacob a

Jacob a
Ranked #22 of 38 Restaurants in Ribe
Cuisines: Diner
Reviewed 26 July 2017

In front to the Church, good terrace for eat or drink a beer. Good quality and big plates, service was very slow, but ok..

Reviewed 10 August 2016

I came in to Jacob A in Ribe, Denmark with a friend today and I ordered a 300g fillet steak and my friend ordered a 180g rump steak. We came there to have a good food and mates evening with some good chats, but we were about to get the worst treatment ever. My friend got a small version of my fillet steak and I got his rump steak. I pointed this out to the waitress and she called a guy from the back who adamantly said my steak was a fillet steak and not a rump steak. I protested and he said " let's talk about it afterwards as the staff is busy". Afterwards the chef came and said in a threatening manner with his finger raised that I wasn't welcome in the place and he also demanded full payment for the steak I never recieved. I of course left without paying, but my friend the poor sod went up to the till and paid full price for my steak ( and not the one he ordered) and the wine.

3  Thank Peter L
Reviewed 28 July 2016

Nice restaurant, in summertime you sit nice situated near the cathedral of Ribe, food (we had two burgers) was good, but nothing special, salad from the salad buffet was included. We came at a time where not a lot of people were sitting and eating there. Our order was quickly taken but after 30 min. we had still no food. When our burgers came, the french fries were already cold, the burgers warm. It took another 30 min. before we could pay. 3 waiters and all of them were unattentive.

Reviewed 24 July 2016

Very full of people , mainly Danes although some tourists like us
Large portions Steaks were large and the Chicken skewers were enough for me
Cost about £45 for the two of us . Most enjoyable night at with friendly couple of Danes down from Bramming

Reviewed 19 July 2016 via mobile

Good food and nice personnel. Beef prepared as ordered. Plus for fish on kids menu, minus for not offering other than French fries on kids menu ..

1  Thank Silje G