“From a different age”

Ranked #2 of 38 Restaurants in Ribe
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

The restaurant is more or less located next to the cathedral in an old building. Its interior reminded me very much of the guild houses in the old town of Zurich.

Outside, a Jazz festival took place, so we even enjoyed some light music along with lunch.

Speaking about lunch, the lunch menu selection didn‘t really appeal to my personal taste, so I ended up ordering a burger. The burger bun was special, a kind of pesto foccacia bread, other than that, the burger met my expectations. My partner had cold, (hot) smoked salmon with some salad and enjoyed her meal.

The dinner menu sounded more promising, so I would go there again if I happen to be in Ribe during dinner time. If not for the food, then for the friendly staff and central location in a historical setting.

Reviewed 18 July 2018 via mobile

This few centuries old inn, with guenine walls and beams, is just an atmosphere full and attractive building. The time trip inside is guaranteed. However, we were disappointed by the served dishes, be the fish accompanied by vegetables and potatoes or the wienerschnitzel, which were taste less. The only exception was the spicy and fine soup. The wine served by the glass also deserved some improvement .
Service was friendly and price fair.

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Weis Stue has been in operation since 1704! Makes it the oldest restaurant we have been to!

And we loved everything about the place - the amazing atmosphere, the great service, the super food, enjoyable local beer...

The location is also perfect - it was right next to our hotel and across the cathedral - with an amazing view of the cathedral

Totally recommended for a meal :)

Reviewed 9 May 2018 via mobile

This place is great!
I’ve been here several times and I’m usually not disappointed - this time though, my potatoes were a BIT too al dente and my sauce lacked flavour.
My husbands plate was perfect
Even so, we enjoyed our lunch and no doubt everything on our plate was fresh and home made

Before our lunch we grabbed a coke outside and suddenly vikings appeared singing, playing music and fighting - just a typical day in Ribe
Maybe I should mention that I grew up here

The staff is kind and polite, the restaurant is like you traveled to the past (in a good way ofc) and I believe their prices are average for Ribe

This is also the meeting point for the night watchman.

Would definitely return

1  Thank Karina L
Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

We had dinner in family and it was very good!
We took the 3 courses seasonal menu, which was really nice!
The room in itself is nice and service is ok.
To be recommended.