“A trip to the past 🌹”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 9 May 2018 via mobile

This place is great!
I’ve been here several times and I’m usually not disappointed - this time though, my potatoes were a BIT too al dente and my sauce lacked flavour.
My husbands plate was perfect
Even so, we enjoyed our lunch and no doubt everything on our plate was fresh and home made

Before our lunch we grabbed a coke outside and suddenly vikings appeared singing, playing music and fighting - just a typical day in Ribe
Maybe I should mention that I grew up here

The staff is kind and polite, the restaurant is like you traveled to the past (in a good way ofc) and I believe their prices are average for Ribe

This is also the meeting point for the night watchman.

Would definitely return

1  Thank Karina L

Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

We had dinner in family and it was very good!
We took the 3 courses seasonal menu, which was really nice!
The room in itself is nice and service is ok.
To be recommended.

Reviewed 19 April 2018

This restaurant is well worth a visit if you are looking for a more traditional dining experience in Denmark. The building itself is worth looking around even if you don't want to eat with the original features inside and out! The food though is also great - yes, it's pricey, but so are most proper restaurants in Denmark! Compared to the average price for a meal it's perfectly reasonable and well worth it for the delicious, fresh, and well presented food from the kitchen. I would recommend the fish!

Reviewed 7 August 2017

Very old building, old-style interior. Food is average and rather expensive, service friendly and English-speaking.

Reviewed 20 June 2017 via mobile

Overall a good experience. Staff professional, location charming and authentic for old Ribe. Food so and so. Wienerscnitzel was very fatty and overdone (like deepfried), the potatoes fatty too. Dessert however was delicious - seasonal Rhubarb tart.Have been here once before where everything was super, so probably not their day. As I still love this place as a local, I will be back no doubt.