All reviews bed and breakfast the owner free coffee oldest town fridge machine bedroom hallway bathroom denmark
Reviewed 11 December 2016 via mobile

Ribe is one of the most captivating towns I have ever been to, and I am glad to stay in this bed and breakfast. The building itself is a large townhouse with a beautiful facade and cosy interior. The room itself is spacious and I really felt that I was on a holiday there. Furthermore continental breakfast is included with bread, cold cuts and juices specially prepared by the owner every morning. The host is a friendly and hospitable person and there weren't any problems with communication. He lives nearby so guests are required to inform him of your arrival time. In addition, there is a free coffee machine (which has a myriad of caffeinated drinks such as Cappuccino, Café au lait etc). All rooms have a private bathroom (2 out of 3 are ensuite). Book earky as there are only 3 rooms available. The location is ideal for exploring the town (and the region as well) as the main street can be reached within 5 minutes by foot. The was a fireworks display during my stay in June that is visible from my room in conjunction with a festival in town. Only negative point: There was a slight cigarette odour for some reason (perhaps there was some inconsiderate/unruly individual who did not appreciate the carcinogenicity of nicotine and fail to abide by the non smoking policy in the past?) In short this stay was a unique and unforgettable experience.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Euro_Jon1234
Reviewed 28 September 2016

We were 6 family members traveling in Denmark, so we used all 3 of the rooms. This was our favorite lodging of the trip. The rooms were very spacious, and the location was perfect for walking to explore Ribe. We wished that we could have stayed longer than 1 night & day.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank tpalermini
Reviewed 4 September 2015

Ribe is a must visit town. The town is full of character. The B&B is situated only a very short walk from the centre of the old town. The rooms are wonderful. Tastefully decorated. Breakfast is ample, fresh! The owner is most friendly and obliging. Parking is available outside at a modest fee.

Room Tip: We stayed in the suite. Wonderful!
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Newytraveller53
Reviewed 8 July 2015

At 29° it was the hottest day of the year, so a lack of air-conditioning was uncomfortable! But this was of course out of the ordinary.

Good location very close to the centre of town. Comfortable room, good Wi-Fi. Very reasonably priced. Parking in the street just outside was not a problem on Sunday. Good shared kitchen facilities (fridge, microwave). Free coffee machine.

Room Tip: Room 2 has a private bathroom, but not en-suite
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 July 2015

I stayed for one night, with a friend, during a month-long road trip around Scandinavia. At £67 for a suite, this Bed & Breakfast establishment was one of the cheapest places we stayed. I loved it!!!!
We had to phone ahead to inform the host of our imminent arrival. Johnnie was waiting to welcome us as we pulled up outside. Our suite is one of three accommodations on the first floor (roof area) of a long, low, old building. We had a bedroom, a sitting room and a bathroom..........all self-contained. We also had the use of a large communal kitchen.
Parking was on-street, for which we paid 50 kroner to our host for a town parking permit which would allow parking anywhere in the town for 7 days.
The B & B was spotless and functioned very well. I was only sorry we hadn't booked for longer.
I would certainly stay there again!

Room Tip: Our suite was fully self-contained. Not sure about the other rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends