All reviewsski lockersother hotelssauna and hot tubbar arealovely hotelthe grillbuffet stylehand luggagefamily holidayfood was lovelyflip flopstap waterfab weekrooms are largeover christmasmetre walkbreakfast and dinner
Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

Yet another fantastic holiday with amazing friends. Hotel perfectly positioned. Very clean and lovely staff very helpful. Clean comfortable beds. I like to hotel lounge big comfortable chairs. The only think I would say is the food isn’t the best I’ve had but I can always find something to have. The hotel could buy better cuts os meats to cook fresh as it lets the hotel down. But I’ll be back. This my second visit to the resort this year the snow was fantastic. Can’t wait to my next visit. Wish it was this week.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stayed in this hotel during February half term with our 5 year old daughter and another friend.

We were dropped off at the coach park and due to coaches not being allowed into the town we had a 10/15 min walk to the hotel, which was fairly uphill. Not the easiest walk after an early start, several hand luggage and a young tired child in tow. (A suggestion would be, a minibus/taxi service on arrival and departure from and to the bus stop)

However, when we arrived into reception we were greeted with a warm welcome and were swiftly checked in. Unfortunately, our booked triple room was not provided as there were none available, but were assured a second bed in the form of a fold out bed would be supplied. Not ideal, due to the limited space, but we had little alternative. Our daughter was pleased with her bed and she said it was comfy.

A big plus to the hotel was the location to the slopes. It was approximately a 50 metre walk down a short hill on to the main slope. (A little harder on the way home, but still nothing to grumble about!)

Ski lockers are provided on the bottom floor within the garage of the hotel. (Accessed either by the lift from the hotel or driveway from the street. Pad locks will be provided by the hotel if you don’t have one.)

Bar area has a variety of sofas and tables as well as televisions and pool tables. Drinks were reasonably priced and served snacks throughout the day. There was often a wait at the bar, due to the busy half term week, but staff were apologetic and friendly.

Rooms were cleaned every day but were fairly basic and could probably do with a little upgrade. Our window was covered with lots of snow when we first arrived due to it being at ground level and the large amounts of snow that had fallen. It was, however cleared mid week. Our friends room looked out to a wall which had a screen covering it to make it look more aesthetically pleasing, which didn’t really work. It left his room fairly dark most of the time.

Restaurant served a good variety of foods to cater for all tastes.
Breakfast served cooked English style breakfast as well as an egg station as well as continental. There was an array of cereals and fruit as well as pastries and breads.
We tried to go for our evening meal around 7.30pm each night and were seated fairly promptly. There were two evenings where we had to wait about 15-20 mins and we waited in the bar. The food on offer was again of good variety each evening. My husband made the most of the grill section, although a couple of times the meat seemed undercooked/raw! My daughter made the most of the pasta station and desserts.
(One suggestion would be the need for food labels on the dishes on offer, this would cut down on waste food, help those with food allergies and vegetarians.)

We made good use of the pool area and hot tub (although it wasn’t that hot!) Also, the sauna was out of action for the full duration of our stay, which was disappointing because after a day on the slopes a sauna and/or a dip in a ‘hot’ hot tub would have been amazing.

My criticisms are fairly minor and did not prevent us from having a fab week. We loved the skiing & the biggest bonus to this hotel is location. No trudging skis and poles for ages to get back, a 2/3 min walk and you’re there. Despite my little gripes, I’d be happy to recommend this hotel and stay there again.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Carolineannecole
Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

Hotel is brilliantly placed for ski slopes, ski in and out. Next to good prices ski hire shop and nicely out of Town and noise.
Food was good and restaurant staff great. Rest of staff average and when the Spanish football is on tv will struggle to get served at the bar or reception.
Says has a spa but the jucuzzi is cold and the sauna didn’t work and apparently has not done for weeks. Swim pool ok for a dip but your not going to swim in it.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank cwhite1047
Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

This hotel is lovely for families, the bar area is very homely with a double sided fireplace which you can sit around with your folks or meet other people because the setting makes it so easy to relax and chat or play games. There are card tables and a pool table area too. Rooms are spacious and clean, water lovely and hot for a nice warm bath or shower. Breakfast and dinner are served in the same large restaurant, for was high quality and there's plenty of it. The staff are very accommodating and made every effort to support our party of 29 people sitting at the same time in the section at the back, we were flexible and so were they and everyone was happy. Pool and spa got mixed reviews from our group, I never used it and I think the sauna was out of action BUT this doesn't get a reduced star from me because my stay and that of my two kids was excellent. Would definitely go back.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
ALEJANDRO T, Manager at Hotel Himalaia Pas, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2018

Dear Lee N
Thank you very much for the time dedicated to tell your experience lived in the hotel himalaia pas.
We strive every day to provide a quality service, and comments like this, are those that give us the energy to continue doing it.
We are glad to know that we are going in the right direction and that you have been able to enjoy your stay.
We will value your spa suggestions to take them into account in future investments.

Thank you very much and we hope to welcome you again
Sincerely
Alejandro Tirelli
Manager

Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

First time at Pas and reasonably happy with my stay.

The positives first
1) Location is great, 100 metres from the slopes, Short walk to bars and restaurants
2) large choice of food for breakfast and dinner
3) Room was cleaned every day
4) fridge in room
5) Staff are really friendly and polite
6) lamp was hanging off wall as it got knocked in the night (only slightly as was already half off). Reported to reception and was fixed by the time we finished on the slopes
7) ok, so pool was cold and small and hot tub only fitted 4 people, but not many other hotels offer these so I think this is great!!!

Room for improvement
1) most of the food was cold or only just warm, some good hot plates would make soo much difference!!
2) would be great to have complimentary tap water available with dinner
3) when I booked the room I opted for the triple at no extra cost, but was only given the twin. That didn’t overly concern us as the room was fine
4) Although there’s a lot of choice for dinner it did get a bit samey after day 5, perhaps change things round a little more with the signature dishes
5) more seasoning / sauces would be a welcome addition to the grill

Tips
we paid 20euros each as Pas 83 which is on the slopes and provides a secure storage facility for skis and boots (heated). You also get a drink each day too ... but ends up being a discount on drinks of about 2.5 Euro’s

I would recommend this hotel though as the positives outweigh the negatives

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
ALEJANDRO T, Manager at Hotel Himalaia Pas, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2018

Dear slammeruk

Thank you very much for giving us your opinion and for time spent telling about your experience in Himalaia Pas Hotel
Your opinion is very important because it helps us improve day by day.

We are really happy to know that the positive things outweigh the negatives.

Our thanks for enumerate some of many positive things that we have at the hotel , and you could enjoy.
And about the negative things, we inform you that we are already working really hard to make them all positives!

Thank you very much and we hope to welcome you again soon
Best regards