Hotel Avanti(Pas de la Casa)
USD 45
Apartments Crest(Pas de la Casa)
USD 44
USD 40
Hotel Les Truites(Pas de la Casa)(Great Value!)
USD 91
USD 85
  • Restaurant
Hotel Cims(Pas de la Casa)
USD 45
  • Free Internet
Solaris Apartments(Pas de la Casa)
USD 64
USD 53
  • Restaurant
Hotel Les Neus(Pas de la Casa)
USD 43
  • Restaurant
Hotel Casado(Pas de la Casa)(Great Value!)
USD 50
  • Room Service
Hotel Panda(Pas de la Casa)
USD 77
  • Restaurant
Hotel Mirtil(Pas de la Casa)(Great Value!)
USD 53
  • Restaurant
All reviewsski bootsbreakfast and dinnerstag groupnice budget hotelfresh fruitstayed here for a weekhalf termcoach transferbus stopbuffet styleon a daily basisclean hotelpastahard days skiingrooms were cleanedski areacleaned daily
Reviewed 23 February 2017 via mobile

The only thing really, very good about this hotel is the incredibly hard working staff... and the free spa is good, when it's working.

The food is amazing if you're a vegetarian - the Cheff makes a special effort as soon as you mention this to the staff, and they'll cook you something special every time you go in for an evening meal.

However, for everyone else, the food is a different story! Whilst a great variety (a bit too tight a budget on the quality), everything is luke warm at best - and it's a buffet so it's sat there for hours!!

This food issue gave most of my group bad stomachs. I ended up injected with pain relief and anti-cramping meds and then put on a drip my pains were so bad and I'd lost so much fluid!!

If this or anything similar happens to you, the pharmacies are brilliant, and the Dr is near the bottom of the ski lifts (just down the path)... you walk past it but may not notice when you don't need a Dr.

It's worth noting the Dr's on your way up as so many people get injured skiing... but mine was obviously another story... :-/

Honestly I got some of the worst belly pain I've ever had in my life there... it was speculated that the altitude could have contributed - but luke warm sea food, rice, meats etc, kept that temperature for hours and most people in our group at that hotel getting a really bad tummy with sweats etc... that's more than coincidence!!

Honestly - they need to do something about that elegant buffet - it may look pretty, but it just isn't fit for purpose and doesn't keep food to anywhere near a healthy temperature!!

We ended up all having to eat out the last half of the week or we'd have lost more skiing days!!

A real shame as the staff were lovely. The Rooms were clean and spacious too.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 February 2017

Pas de la casa.
We came through Lleida airport, Spain. The coach transfer took 4 hours. I've since been told that it's shorter from the French side. The town is duty free, filled with shops selling alcohol, tobacco and perfumes alongside lots of cafes, bars and restaurants giving the impression that it'd be easy and cheap to self cater here.
Hotel Cal Ruiz.
The plus points.
We had 3 rooms and they were all modern, recently refurbished. Yes, the beds were firm but no one complained.
Nice bar area where we found the strongest Wi Fi signal. Cheap bar prices and even cheaper during happy hour 5 till 6.30.
It's a 6 to 8 minute walk uphill to the gondola and chair lifts and we hired a locker just opposite for the 5 of us for 60 euros for the week.
The staff at the Cal Ruiz were all generally helpful, polite, efficient and friendly.
The food in the dining room was well prepared, varied and well presented. Both breakfast and dinner are buffets. There were always lots of different desserts at dinner which the kids loved.
Coming home meant a 4am start but reception is manned 24hrs so someone was there to take our room keys and return our 3 x 20 euro key deposits and hand us our picnic breakfasts.
The minus points.
No soft closers on the bedroom doors so lots of clattering and banging. Luckily most people tired themselves out on the slopes so weren't in bed late.
The bedroom walls were really thin so we could hear talking, showering, toilet flushing, plugs in, plugs out, TV on, etc. etc. Also any noise from the hallway.
In the restaurant the central buffet display unit must be around 40 years old. The heated base was inadequate. Either that or the trays of food were not being brought from the kitchen in hot condition so food at both breakfast and dinner was lukewarm at best. If plates were warmed it would have helped. They weren't. This was a big issue for me and the hotel must be aware because others have mentioned it on Tripadvisor. And staff didn't clear away after each course. We did it ourselves because the alternative would leave used plates in the middle of the table. Not pretty.
The other problem was the coffee/tea machine. Most mornings the staff had to fiddle with it to coax it back to life. After the second day I called at a shop and bought a jar of coffee of coffee so I could make my own at breakfast.
So I'm sorry but I wouldn't take my family back to this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank NottinghamMike14
Reviewed 26 January 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for a week whilst skiing. It does the job but rooms are very dark, beds very hard. The corridors are tiled so noisy when people come & go and it could really do with sensor lights in the corridors as you have to find the light switches in the dark. Rooms could do with some updating. Bottom of bathroom door in mine had rotted but was dry when I was there. And the plug socket in the bathroom for hairdryer was coming out of the wall.
Food was generally very good, buffet breakfast & dinner with lots of choice lots of salad but severely lacking on vegetables. I always seem to come home from half board with a severe veg craving.
All in all cheap & cheerful & if you're skiing all day & out all evening you should pass out fine.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Mary B
Reviewed 17 January 2017 via mobile

Came here with some friends from 8th - 15th January. It was an ok hotel. Room adequate for what u need. Tv in room really tiny!! Always found room way too hot!! Usually woke in the night with my tongue stuck to roof of mouth it was so hot in that room!! Dry mouth....yuk.
Anyway....now for the food...even if you got down at whatever time they put food out at...it was never above a tepid temperature. Always cold apart from one night....they done a stew/casserole LO AND BEHOLD IT WAS HOT!!!! HALLELUJAH!! the remainders of stew was next night turned into soup. All in all it was OK for what we needed. Just don't expect 5 star! More like 2 star and that's being kind

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank grandkidsarefab
Reviewed 18 June 2016 via mobile

This hotel is basic but good value for money. It's clean with plenty of clean towels. Heating was on as it was cold. Just wish they had cleaned drains because rain was dripping on window most of night. Breakfast was good with plenty of choice. Don't expect a lot and you won't be disappointed...would go back

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple