All reviews san marcos lake atitlan deck village accommodations wood
Reviewed 6 February 2017

One cannot deny the gorgeous views seen from the windows and terrace decks of the lakeside cottages. Room was spotless and the bed very comfortable. Very convenient to the dock to take the boats to other towns. The breakfast that was provided with the room was miserable. We had it one day and then sought out other places for breakfast. My biggest issue was the noise. We were on the top level of the cottage closest to the boat dock and the workers headed out in the mornings woke us up at 5:30 every morning. Even with our sleep machined app on I couldn't sleep through the noise in the mornings. I am early riser, but on vacation I want to sleep in a little! There was also a night of extremely strong winds which sounded like a hurricane outside of the cottage. I didn't sleep at all that night. Take earplugs and you will avoid this all together. A gorgeous location, just too noisy for me.

Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank CharlotteBuckeye
Reviewed 28 December 2016 via mobile

Been in Atitlan many times and is one of the best quality-price hotels i've ever been to.
I was there with friends and the staff was very helpful.
the deck of the restaurant and the breakfast was amazing..
the cabins had an amazing view and is very close to the boat arrivals..
the rooms were very nice and they have kayaks and a mayan sauna!
would totally recommend it, one of the best hotels in Atitlan

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 December 2016

Posada Schumann was the gateway to a great, relaxing couple of days in Atitlan and San Marcos. The hotel is beautiful in its simplicity. The rooms were nice and clean, and with great views of the lake! Guillermo, the manager, was extremely attentive and made sure that everything was up to par during our stay. Make sure to try the sauna and enjoy eating on the lakeside deck. Overall, great relaxing experience in a calm, beautiful environment.

Date of stay: November 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 November 2016 via mobile

A friend and I were staying at a different hostel which didn't have a sauna. So we booked this sauna with Posada Schuman which was Q70. When we arrived at our scheduled time, they hadn't bothered to heat the sauna at all. So we waited another 20 minutes for them to heat it. Once it was 'ready' we went in and were surprised as to how cool it was inside. We tried everything to heat it up - pour water on it as advised, wait for a while for it to heat up and then pour on water, pour water on repeatedly - nothing worked. When we complained, a man went and fiddled behind the back and then said it was ready. We went back in and it was even worse than before. To add to all this, there is a wide gap around the whole door which simultaneously lets the little heat produced out, and at the same time lets in a cold draught from outside. The stone tiles we had to sit on were literally freezing. I eventually left 40 minutes early to go back to my hotel to have a shower to warm up! Absolutely awful.

Date of stay: November 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 September 2016

I found this place by chance. I couldn't believe the wonderful view of lake and volcano Pedro. Wow, certainly a highlight of my trip. Excellent location facing lake, access to boats. Good price. Quiet deck and private beach.

Date of stay: September 2016