Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
martina k

pleasant and comfortable in lalitpur

Review of Hotel Himalaya
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 21 May 2024
Being here several times before, I always enjoy to come back.
Pleasant and comfortable rooms and friendly staff. Breakfast buffet is early which is good when you work. This time I was especially lucky with Mrs Nirma Gurung, who took very good care of the suite.
Written May 21, 2024
Date of stay: May 2024
Room Tip: rooms towards the pool have a great view
Trip type: Travelled on business
    AU$25
  • ZenHotels.com
0.8 km from Hotel Himalaya
Restaurant
View more hotels in Patan (Lalitpur)
All reviews nice hotel buffet breakfast health club i highly recommend this hotel busy city cleaning staff spacious rooms an oasis patan area wifi kathmandu tennis
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 May 2024 via mobile

**Amazing Experience at Hotel Himalaya**

I recently stayed at Hotel Himalaya in Lalitpur, and I had an incredible experience.

A special shout out to Deepa at Reception!

When I requested a room with a good view, I was only expecting a deluxe standard room. To my amazement, I was upgraded to an executive suite with a fantastic view. This thoughtful gesture truly highlights the exceptional customer care provided by Deepa and the entire hotel staff.

The food was delicious, and the hotel services were flawless, making my stay even more enjoyable. I am already looking forward to my next visit to this wonderful hotel. Highly recommended!

Room tip: Free airport shuttle service
Date of stay: May 2024
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 22 April 2024

We came to Hotel Himalaya for a wedding and it was amazing. Wasn't expecting that much as the reviews were mixed but as soon as we arrived from the chaos of Kathmandu it felt like an oasis of calm. The staff are all so friendly and even helped us wrap sarees. There were a couple of minor issues with the bathroom (toilet flush a bit tempermental and old shower head) but we've found these sorts of issues (ans much worse!) everywhere we went in Kathmandu and they weren't a problem. Would recommend staying here.

Date of stay: April 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 March 2024 via mobile

When I first stayed in hotel Himalaya nearly 20 years ago, the hotel was just transferred from Japan ownership to local. It's hardware was well designed though aged.
I have been using this hotel on my visits to Kathmandu after the pandemic. They have done a few good things to upgrade their hotel. Renovated rooms (progressively) refreshed bar lounge, etc.
Their staff are also friendly and responsive.
One reason I picked this hotel is also their locale - near places I have to visit.
Recommended for visitors to Kathmandu.

Room tip: Get the rooms facing the mountains. On a clear day Himalaya is majestic.
Date of stay: March 2024
Trip type: Travelled solo
Himalaya Kathmandu, Guest Services / Front Office at Hotel Himalaya, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2024

Dear Lyefei,

Greetings from Hotel Himalaya !

We are very delighted to hear about your experience during your recent stay with us. The genuine feedback and comments from our valued guests are highly appreciated. We appreciate our valued guests who help us meet and exceed their expectations by providing honest feedback and suggestions. Looking forward to welcoming again in future.

With Regards,
Rasana Maharjan
Assistant Manager Guest Relations.

Reviewed 8 March 2024

Me and my colleague stayed at the Himalaya hotel for 7 nights. So it was 14 room nights in total. This was my first visit here and I doubt if I would return. Let me share the pros & cons…

First the little good:
- hotel lobby is very spacious and looks nice
- Although my bill was quite complicated, checkin and checkout were handled well by the reception counter staff.
- breakfast was decent but nothing to brag about. Note: any machine made drinks like americano, latte, hot chocolate are not included in the breakfast and you will be billed separately for those!

Now the bad. In fact, there’s a lot of them:
- The hotel is too old. Worn out furniture. Toilet seat was lose and shaking.
- Absolutely NO sound proofing.
- Heating is bad.
- Water pressure is low.
- Takes so long to get the hot water.
- Room lighting very low.

However the room cleaning service was good. A hard working girl called Soonam (not sure if I spelled her name correct) was making sure the room was kept clean and tidy whenever she was doing the job.

- A la carte indian food at the restaurant was below par.
- restaurant service was way below par. They have a huge staff but the service was appalling.

Room tip: Can’t recommend to anyone looking for quality interior
Date of stay: February 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Himalaya Kathmandu, Guest Services / Front Office at Hotel Himalaya, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2024

Dear Mr. Theekshana,

Greetings from Hotel Himalaya !

At the very outset, we would like to take this opportunity to “THANK YOU” for taking time and providing genuine feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

We have duly noted your areas of concern and inputs. We shall definitely initiate immediate action to rectify the same based on your valued feedback. Our motto is to strongly focus on the guest’s convenience and satisfaction. Therefore, we sincerely appreciate your comments and continued patronage to us. Should there be anything that we can do to serve and assist you for your next visit, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

We do hope that we may have the opportunity of welcoming you back should you be visiting Nepal in the future and I request that you contact me directly to assist you with your reservation if any.

With Regards,
Assistant Manager Guest Relations

Reviewed 3 March 2024

Exceptional hotel! They have a lot of features added after the 2015 earthquake (spa, fitness, conference rooms, hot tub (spa and hotel tub separate for make and female). The outdoor pool is terrific. If you are staying a few days, reserve your room with the breakfast option, the spread of foods each morning is wonderful and very healthy.

Date of stay: May 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Mr. Mark,

Greetings from Hotel Himalaya !

We are very delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Your genuine feedback and comments are highly appreciated.

We do hope to welcoming you back again in future.

With Best Regards,