“Is this a family pub or not?”

Hussey Arms, Hungry Horse
Ranked #6 of 15 Restaurants in Brownhills
Price range: USD 6 - USD 15
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Love the new revamped decor. Staff friendly as always & lovely meal although good job because no one checked. My question is why have you carried with lovely childrens menu but taken away everything to entertain them? The play area as gone & we couldnt even find colouring items like you had before. Liked we couldnt hear the bar noise. Manager still has no idea how to acknowledge other humans, sociably detached even when we tried to say how nice the place looked.

3  Thank partridgeonastick
Conor B, Manager at Hussey Arms, Hungry Horse, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Dear Reviewer,
I am very sorry to hear that the last visit to us was poor and that you were disappointed with it, I will be taking all matters up with the team as soon as they are next in. I would like to apologise for that visit and ensure that all the matters will be resolved and I hope that you can return so we can restore your confidence in us.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

Meals were nice but small portions despite being a hungry horse pub. Not good value for money. Poor vegetarian and vegan choice.

Review collected in partnership with Greene King
1  Thank lozmg141184
Conor B, Manager at Hussey Arms, Hungry Horse, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Dear Reviewer,
I am sad that we did not meet your expectations and that we have disappointed you, I would like extend my apologies and I will be looking into these issues to ensure we can improve upon these matters. I look forward to welcoming you again sometime very soon.
Conor

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

It was the first time visiting the pub, heard they had a new menu. And had recently had bad experiences with the food from neighbouring pubs, so thought we’d give the hungry horse a shot. Was not disappointed. Will return soon! Staff are also lovely.

Conor B, Manager at Hussey Arms, Hungry Horse, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2018

Dear Reviewer,
Thankyou very much for your review. I’m very glad to hear that you have had a great experience with us here the other day, and I will be passing on your kind comments onto all the team at the next team meeting. We look forward to seeing you again sometime soon.

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

Visited with family after there refurb. Myself and son had the Sunday roast, husband had the tikka masala, daughter in law had chicken burger with fries.
Husband was the only one who enjoyed his food.my daughter in law enjoyed her burger but the fries were awful and very soggy ,she left them all.
The chicken roast was so bland it was painful to eat, myself and son looked at each other and said the same thing. Microwave mash,few peas and cauliflower 3 rock hard roasties and tastless chicken fillets.it really is the most awful and disappointing roast we have ever eaten at a pub.wont be going back anytime soon.

2  Thank 350neo
Conor B, Manager at Hussey Arms, Hungry Horse, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2018

Dear Reviewer,
Im sorry that you have been disappointed with your visit with us, we will be speaking with the team members at the next team meeting to tell them that this is unacceptable and we will be looking for ways to rectify these issues.
I hope we can convince you to try us once more so we can prove that we have improved upon your feedback. Please send us an email on 1671@greeneking.co.uk so that we can discuss your concerns with you.

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

A very happy regular here. Liked it before, love it now. This refurb is well overdue and has vastly improved its appearance. The steak on a pie is a winner off the new menu too and Peroni on draft.... I’m in heaven.

Conor B, Manager at Hussey Arms, Hungry Horse, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2018

Dear L.Smith,
Thankyou very much for your review. We are all pleased to hear that you have enjoyed yourself with us and we hope to welcome you back to us very soon.