“Great food & Friendly service”
Review of Shogun Express

Shogun Express
Ranked #86 of 197 Restaurants in Bentonville
Price range: USD 5 - USD 10
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed 21 August 2016 via mobile

I got carry out on this visit. The waitress met me at the door with a smile and lead me to the counter to get my order. I ordered a lunch special with an order or tempura shrimp roll also. The waitress got my order in right away, the back was working on my cooked food while the gentleman at the sushi counter started my order there. I was in got my order and left in a 15 minute time span. My food included soup which was still hot 15 minutes later and my order was packed cold items with cold items and hot with hot. Sometimes that is not the case. Food was great no disappointments. The restaurant was clean and everyone was polite and I couldn't be more pleased. They always have specials on the board inside but I stick to my normal order because I'm happy with it. Great alternative to higher priced restaurants. There is no show on the grill, it's in the back but the food is just as good, quicker and probably cheaper.

Reviewed 20 July 2016 via mobile

This was a real disappointment. Thankful I took a look at the sushi counter before I ordered. It did not look appetizing in the least. I have no idea how long the fish had been sitting since it had been delivered.

We all ordered the combo plates - steak & chicken for three of us and steak & shrimp for the fourth.

The steak was ordered well done, medium well and rare. Everyone was cooked the same - well done. The chicken too was over cooked and was very chewy.

I would not recommend this place at all

Reviewed 27 October 2015

Shogun's is one of our favorite restaurants. My grandkids love going there because they are entertained while eating. The friend rice is my favorite! The chef makes the eating experience so much fun by making an onion volcano, spinning and tossing a raw egg into his chef's hat, or flipping cooked egg at each person willing to try to catch it in their mouth.

Reviewed 9 September 2015 via mobile

My order was a stir fry mix, soup & salad; my husband had sushi. With a couple of drinks, spent about $80.

Reviewed 17 February 2015 via mobile

I must say, the first time I went I wasn't very pleased. I was served by a young red headed girl who had her breasts hanging out and couldn't even do the job. I returned months later though with a friend who loved the food there. Apparently the girl that had previously waited on me had gone to work at the bigger shoguns. This time we were served by a young man who took very good care of us! I ordered the Under the Sea sushi roll that the waiter suggested, and my friend ordered the Kracken which the waiter claimed he had invented himself. We got our mizo soups, and complimentary edamame. The food came out a little under ten minutes. It looked DELICIOUS! And it tasted even better! The waiter took time to make sure everything was to our liking. Which it was! The only disappointment was that they didn't have Strawberry cheesecake. Though they did bring us a tempura ice cream that completely blew us away. Who knew you could deep fry ice cream?!! We got our bill which wasn't as much as I expected, and that's always good! We played and they wished us a good night. It was a very good experience. A huge improvement from my previous visit. We go as much as we can now, and it never disappoints! If you're lucky you'll get Nate as your server. He'll take really good care of you! And the managers are very friendly! Big family people and set a good environment! I give this place a huge 5/5!! Let me know what you think in the comments as well! Who knows, maybe I'll run into some of you! See you there!