“YOU Should STAY Here!!!!”

Candlewood Suites Yuma
Ranked #17 of 33 Hotels in Yuma
San Diego, California
“YOU Should STAY Here!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2012

I loved it!!!! ,, my kids thought it was sooo cool/fun, they have a full size refrigerator and microwave need I say more!!! plus they have all the things you need like plates,pans,forks,cups etc. so you can cook. We loved the pool and we also used their bbq grills.. The rooms are extemely clean.. Staff/Gm are great!! It seems like everyone had a smile and was so helpfuly, had no problems. Hopefully I can come and enjoy this hotel in the near future, I would def. would come back again and again. You guys should come and see for your selves. I been looking for a hotel like this one. I'm glad I finally found one that fits our needs. Oh and they have free washers & dryers. Ps they make cookies and they are sooo good!!! I hope you guys found my review helpful! I wouldnt be writing one if I didnt think so myself.

Room Tip: ask for the even side, beautiful sunset's
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Edinburg, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2011

I liked the hotel in general and the staff were super nice. But, this hotel is near nothing and I mean nothing. Well, there is an Arby's close but that's it. You'll have to drive everywhere. This hotel has no breakfast, not even a continental. Also no pool but you can use the Holiday Inn pool next door from what I was told. They do provide a catered meal at dinner time twice a week. Now for the biggest downfall. Bugs. Or at least one type of bug. A small black bug kept showing up in my room and I was told they were water bugs from the field behind the hotel. They were NOT bedbugs. I was told by the midnight clerk that they spray twice a month for bugs but I was there 3 weeks and saw no signs of spraying. When I found one of these bugs on my pillow one night I knew I was likely here for the last time. I have to return here for work once in a while but will use other hotels now. One last thing. You only get room service once a week. You can easily get new towels from the front desk though. This wasn't a big deal to me but I know it is to some.

The low rating on the Cleanliness selection is only because of the bugs.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Bigfoot424
southern california
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2009

I frequently travel to Yuma for business on base and this is the second time I have stayed at the Candlewood. I originally reserved a room at the Homewood Suites in Yuma since it was new, but checked out after the first night. Upon arriving at the Candlewood without a reservation, Delva, the manager, not only recognized me, but remembered my room. The staff here are all very friendly and go out of their way to make sure you have everything you need. The rooms are clean and the hotel is brand new. All the suites have full sized refrigerators and the free laundry is definitely a plus. The hotel was quiet and I will definitely be back.

I definitely did not feel secure for my one night at the Homewood, where there were so many drunk and loud obnoxious people at the reception at night. The food was not good and everything was fried. I had a room on the first floor and could hear people from the reception that were locals invited by the management staff at the Homewood for free beer. It definitely was not the atmosphere like the Candlewood

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business
Cincinnati
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2008

Overall, the Candlewood Suites in Yuma is an above average extended stay hotel with only a couple of drawbacks. I stayed here for a month while conducting some training with the Navy Reserves (the hotel does offer government per diem rates which is a big plus). This is a new hotel located about 5 minutes from town and 5 minutes from the Marine Corps Air Station. The hotel offers 1 bedroom, 2 bedroom and studio suites - I stayed in a studio.

All rooms have kitchenettes with full size fridge, microwave, cooktop stove, sink, dishwasher, dishes (two sets), silverware, etc. My room had a flatscreen TV, DVD player (you can check out free movies at the front desk), nice leather (I think it's leather) recliner, queen size bed and a full bath. The hotel offers a typical fitness room and wireless internet.

What I liked about this hotel:
- It's new, it's clean and the furniture and linens are in excellent shape.
- Comfortable bed
- Wireless intenet
- Kitchenette comes in handy for extended stays
- Free laundry machines
- Friendly and helpful staff

Dislikes:
- Maid service only comes once per week
- No swimming pool, which would be kind of nice in AZ
- Room AC units are a little noisy
- Pillows are a little soft for me (the hotel puts a placard on the bed saying they have firmer pillows - when I asked the front desk, they said they didn't have any available)

• Stayed June 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Tucson, AZ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2008

This was our second stay at a Candlewood during the past nine months - the first was in Minneapolis (near the airport) and then this property. This one is brand new. Everything works well - including wi fi. Super clean, great staff (helpful, friendly, courteous etc. etc.). Only problem the wife and I noted was the windows are sealed - yup, guest room windows cannot be opened. Power outage?? No air. Air conditioning goes off. No air movement. Bad move in Yuma, Arizona. Otherwise - nice property.

Stayed April 2008