“Terruble”
Review of Famous Dave's

Famous Dave's
Reserve with OpenTable
Famous Dave's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 288 Restaurants in Yuma
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 11 May 2018 via mobile

Sat down to a filthy table. Asked server to please clean. She went off to ostensibly ask someone to clean table. Table remained filthy and she set our drinks down on the filthy table. We left. We like Dave’s in Phoenix but this place needs new management.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

We actually have two complaints, the first is the food. We have been to many famous Dave's and have always had excellent food and service. Yesterday it was totally unsatisfactory. We both got the Stuffed Baked Potato, they were both under cooked with very little meat and an unappealing, sloppy presentation. I've ordered the same meal many times as it is my favorite so I know what it should be. On a scale from 1-10 we would give the meal a 2 or 3. We were very unhappy and didn't even finish it. Our next complaint is service. When I tried to get the attention of a waiter wiping off a table near us she just looked at us. I told her we needed help and she said "what?" with a disgusted look on her face, then said, "just a minute". When she came over she looked mad. We were very uncomfortable. Also the muffins were 1/4 the size of what they used to be. Before we saw them we ordered 4 to take home and they were never brought.When we mentioned it to our server she said sorry offhandedly as she walked away. We received poor service, poor food and won't be back - at least to the Yuma restaurant. When the other chain restaurants were packed at 3:30 in the afternoon, full of snowbirds, this one was almost empty

Reviewed 2 April 2018

After being told about Famous Dave's we had to go try it. The menu is inviting for anyone who loves smoked meats and we ordered the platter. It was all tasty (although I prefer a deeper smoke) - their sauces are great - and it was average smoked meat fare. The star of the show is their bread pudding. THAT is 5- star. Light and tasty with pecan praline caramel sauce complimented with ice cream and whipped cream - it is the best I've ever tasted. Neither of us were ravenous when we ordered so the platter 'for 2-3' ($39.99) was enough for us to enjoy a full meal (Fries, Corn bread, Beans, Coleslaw, Chicken, Brisket and Ribs) and bring enough home to enjoy a second meal. Their BBQ sauces are all wonderful - we liked the sweet one the best.

Reviewed 29 March 2018

Had dinner at Famous Dave's tonight with a friend. Food was wonderful, as always. Our server, Jovan, was AWESOME!! Very attentive and helpful with meal selections. I like my ribs without sauce and they were gooooood. My friend had pulled pork and pulled chicken and really enjoyed them. Broccoli was crisp and tasty. And the corn muffins!!! The best!!!

Reviewed 27 March 2018

Not as good as I was expecting. Quantity was generous and food was good, but it took a long time to order. All three meals had the sides mixed up or wrong.

We had to flag down waitress for more water. They were out of lemon for the water. (Lemon grows locally!!).

Prices were on the high side for what it was.

The barbequed pineapple spears were great!!.

Been to Famous Dave's? Share your experiences!