“RESTAURANT WITH NICE DINING ROOM AND PATIO”

Julieanna's Patio Cafe
Ranked #37 of 288 Restaurants in Yuma
Price range: USD 10 - USD 30
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Julieanna's Patio Cafe is a cheerful restaurant oasis hidden in a tropical atmosphere with live birds and great ambiance.
Reviewed 18 July 2018

We usually have dinner at Julieanna's if we are staying overnight in Yuma. The dining room is nicely decorated and the patio is good too if it's not too hot. They make a good Caesar salad tableside and they have a nice variety of entrees. They also make a flaming tableside desert if you have room for it.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

The food was amazing I had a burger and corn and bean salad. The salad was a bit spicy and could have used some chips but it was good over all. The burger was probably one of the best I have had. We had to wait for water. It was really cool to see the parrots and peacock.

Reviewed 22 February 2018

This restaurant is worth making an effort to make a reservation and plan ahead. Pick a nice day. Go for a late lunch or dinner. Lunch is best as the parrots are out. Dinner, they are home but there are other surprises then. We have been here several times and the key is to go when they are not busy. Busy times, not great service. Quiet times, beautiful in every way. Our party of 2 couples enjoyed delicious salads and soup then split main courses. We all agreed there was plenty to do that, but we are not into volume, flavor and quality is more important. My pear walnut salad had more candied walnuts in it than I could have ever imagined. The pear was ripe, dressing balanced. The strawberry salads had a different dressing and an equally beautiful presentation. Another friend had the ginger carrot soup, which looked watery but she said was full of flavor and delicious. Pasta was cooked well, high quality. Our seafood on top (shrimp and scallops) were succulent and not over cooked. Generally we were very happy with our choice. The day was beautiful and we were able to eat outside. Staff cheery and helpful.

Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

We were visiting family in Yuma and they suggested trying Julianna’s on a Friday night. It was Friday Jazz night so they had made reservations the week before. The place was full and our server seemed surprised that the place was so busy and claimed that there were few reservations for the night. The food service was very slow due to the volume of orders and the table beside us was offered free dessert due to the wait (we were not given the same offer). The food made up for it when it arrived - it was hot and delicious. I had the stuffed rainbow trout and my husband had the prime rib. Our guests had asked for double order of vegetables with their meal instead of potatoes and were doublely disappointed because there were only 6 they were so delicious!

The atmosphere was great being outside with a tropical vibe and the jazz was an added bonus.

Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

We had reservation for Valentine’s Day. Yet, we’ve been waiting for a table for almost an hour. I gave up. We’re just gonna go to Applebee’s instead because I’m super hungry.

If a manager of this restaurant is reading this, here is my piece of advice:
1. If you’re gonna have Valentine’s Day Special (or any special day’s special, e.g., Christmas, Thanksgiving, or MLK Day or whatever), prepare your special menu in advance if you’re going to limit your menu only to the “special 3-course meal” so that people can decide if they want it or not. I CANCELED my Valentine’s dinner at Palm Spring for this place because I want to support local business. I sent Facebook comment/message to the restaurant page yesterday (yes, the day before Valentine’s Day) about V-Day menu, their response was “they’re still adjusting the menu”. Um it’s a day before V-Day and you’re still “adjusting” your menu?? When I showed tonight, I looked at the menu, I don’t like anything in the menu. But since we’re already there, so I was gonna suck it up and probably order Cog Au Vin (but well we ended up not waiting anyway so my review on food is moot at this point).

2. On the day that you can anticipate high volume of customers, hire more tempt staff. It’s a special event. You have a long list of people who already made reservation. You know (or at least should have known) that it will a super busy night. I saw a number of tables waiting to be cleaned. There were only 2 bartenders at the waiting lounge and a lot of people were waiting for their table. That poor host lady was running around like a chicken with her head cut off. This is unacceptable.

Now it’s almost 9pm. I’m super hungry. I’m done waiting.

YumaFoodie, Owner at Julieanna's Patio Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2018

Thanks for your feedback. We apologize for your inconvenience. Hopefully you can return another time and will enjoy something from our regular menu which is listed in full right here on Tripadvisor. Feel free to contact me directly at brant@julieannaspatiocafe.com I would appreciate the opportunity to make this up to you somehow.

Been to Julieanna's Patio Cafe? Share your experiences!