“Buffet”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Breakfast was great. I had an omelette my wife had a fried egg. Both were cooked perfect. That's the end of what was good. The dinner buffet was terrible. Same thing two nights in a row. Asked for comment card I was told we don't use them. I guess I wouldn't either if I served food that bad.

Reviewed 21 March 2018

We stayed at the hotel for the train ride to the grand canyon. We arrived late and checked into the hotel around 8:30pm. We went over to eat which it is open till 9pm. We walked in and the lady asked if we had a voucher, and I said no. She gave me and my wife a 15% local discount and it was still $51 for the both of us. So we figured we didnt have much choice since it was late, so we paid and walked around the corner and the buffet looked like it should have been thrown out at least 2 hours ago. The food was old, stale and cold. I am an environmental health inspector for restaurants for a living, and I was pretty scared to eat here. My wife was appalled at the choices. So we ate what we thought was safe and left everything else behind. Nobody else came in while we were there. We would have left and got our money back had we thought anything else was open in town. To the credit of the Railway hotel, I told them our experience when we checked out and the manager credited back the $51. I advise anyone going there, not to wait till anywhere near closing time to eat here. The food will be cold, stale and not safe to eat. The manager said they would bring this issue up with the food manager too.

2  Thank BrianL4881
Reviewed 19 March 2018

I don't usually do buffet style. But everything here was fresh and very clean. They had a large selection of food offerings. Very tasty

Reviewed 17 March 2018

I had the misfortune to have 2 nights at the hotel
and supposedly 4 meals. I couldn't face number 4
Two breakfasts... nasty dried out tasteless buffet
One dinner
Tasteless over cooked lumps of rubber or it may have been food
I would say eat elswehere but the restaurants in the town are on the same money grubbing kick.

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

Breakfast left much to be desired. Powder eggs with mystery meat sausage and a biscuit gravy that would run down hill faster than what water could. The best part of breakfast was the homemade biscuits and the coffee.

Been to Grand Depot Cafe? Share your experiences!